Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS rip-off

Options
  • 22-07-2008 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I purchased some t-shirts from the US, total worth about 100€ (150$) ..... it was delivered to me and had to pay 51€ extra!

Freight: 24€ ---- why is this? I already paid Shipping Charges on the website where I purchased the T-Shirts…..
    VAT: 12€ ---- OK fair enough
    Other Charges: 15€
    wtf???

Any idea why I have been charged so much by UPS?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

TripleAce wrote: »
    I
    Freight: 24€ ---- why is this? I already paid Shipping Charges on the website where I purchased the T-Shirts…..
    wtf???

FREIGHT - apparently the company that send it to you indicated that you should be billed for fright. You can refuse these charges and they will send them back to the shipper.

Other Charges - it's a disbursement fee, it's their fee for paying your VAT to the customs, filling out the paperwork etc. It's 1.5% of the value, but not less than 15 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

ojewriej wrote: »
    FREIGHT - apparently the company that send it to you indicated that you should be billed for fright. You can refuse these charges and they will send them back to the shipper.

Other Charges - it's a disbursement fee, it's their fee for paying your VAT to the customs, filling out the paperwork etc. It's 1.5% of the value, but not less than 15 Euro.

Thanks - I will drop them an email now and see if I can get a quick refund for the Freight....don't think will happen but I give it a try.

..don't think will happen but I give it a try.

They should give you your refund no problem. Ultimately, shipper is always responible for the fright charges

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

If they charged you extra for freight, then does that mean you over paid on the VAT too? Isn't the VAT calculated on the total cost including freight?

MOH wrote: »
    Isn't the VAT calculated on the total cost including freight?

It is, but it doesn't matter who pays it, even if it's paid by the shipper they will still take it into consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I purchased some t-shirts from the US, total worth about 100€ (150$) ..... it was delivered to me and had to pay 51€ extra!

wtf???

Where is the evidence of you being 'ripped off' by UPS.

In the absence of independent evidence of being 'ripped off' I suggest you amend the title.
    They should give you your refund no problem. Ultimately, shipper is always responible for the fright charges

This idea is freightning to say the least

ircoha wrote: »
    This idea is freightning to say the least

Are you being serious or just wanted to make a pun?

Advertisement