Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS wiring in car question

• 22-07-2008 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just go a Garmin c550 and so far so good but I just wanna know is there a good way to bury the wire from the 12v outlet so that its not hanging all over the car. the outlet is in front of the gear stick and I want to mount the unit on the right of the windsceen.

Also,
    It has an MP3 player built in but not an fm transmitter, Is there an fm transmitter that's smaller than the standard ones for MP3 players so I can listen to music and take handsfree calls through the radio speakers.

I know it's a long shot but you never know I might get a reply.

Jarvis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

You would want to know what you were doing but i bought a 12v extenstion socket from halfords, cut the adapter off it and wired it in paralell with the feed to the cigarette lighter. Hid everything behind the dash and fed it up through the side pillar .
    You should avoid cutting the adapter off the garmin as theres a fuse in it that will protect the unit from voltage spikes etc

Advertisement