Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Food Stores

Options
  • 22-07-2008 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Does anyone know if there is any place I can pick up food from the states? Just moved over and looking for places to get sweets and spices from home. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

There is lots of McDonalds in the city centre!!

Kidding, what type of food exactly? Your local butcher will do American cuts, they just might be a different name, IE, rib eye is a sliced rib roast. Most spices available can be got in any of the Asian markets in town.

Avoca on Suffolk st. will do a lot of American style meat rubs and BBQ sauces, I'm pretty sure they do Hershey chocolate too.

You will have to hunt around supermarkets to source more American confectionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 thatoneitguy

I can certainly do without McDonalds. I was mainly looking for our American Style breakfast sausage which is simular to black pudding but without the barley and such. Its more based on sage and thyme. I would make it myself but rarely have time.

The info on Avoca is great, might have to check that out... and as much as I love Hershey, I think I am growing fond of Cadbury. Thanks for the info!!

Right, Sheridans, beside the Powerscourt townhouse centre do a huge variety of sausages, mainly continental mainland European ones, but there is a good chance you will get something similar to what you are looking for there. The regular girl who works there is pretty much a food snob though, so be prepared for a slight sneer when you ask a perfectly reasonable question.

Your gonna pay a premium in both Avoca and Sheridans. Best of luck!

The spices in the Asian market will be for half nothing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Fallon and Byrne on Exhequer Street sell a lot of spices and things from all over, lots of american brands that aren't in the supermarkets here - stuff like Betty Crocker. Bit pricey for a main shop, but handy for picking up the odd bits and bobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

I saw some American products in donnybrook fair the other day but you'll have to pay a hideous amount here as well.

• Advertisement

For some of those classic American rubs and combo spices that you just can't get here...

http://www.marylanddelivered.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭shewasoctober

Does anyone know of any store that sell Dutch food?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Anybody know where you can get lucky charms in Dublin? you'd think they'd be everywhere, since this is leprechaun country ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Does anyone know if there is any place I can pick up food from the states? Just moved over and looking for places to get sweets and spices from home. Thanks!

Aldi are selling some American style foods and soups...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

phasers wrote: »
    Anybody know where you can get lucky charms in Dublin? you'd think they'd be everywhere, since this is leprechaun country ;)
    Fallon & Byrne on Exchequer Street. They cost about 8 euro though :-/

• Advertisement
Advertisement