Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group 1 car seat recommendations?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

It is nearly time to change from our group0 car seats to group 1 models and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

I guess my list of desirable feature would be (not in any particular order bar the first one):

1. SAFE.
    2. Isofix compatible.
    3. Rear and forward facing. (would like to keep them rear facing as long as possible...see point 1)
    4. Swivel mechanism to allow easy extraction of sleeping child.
    5. Comfortable

Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Tony Kealys in walkinstown ans swords do car seat talks. Not sure when, you should call the store. They're really good with product knowledge i'd say if youphoned up with your requirements they'd let you know whats your options were.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Thanks...was in the new Tony Kealys in Cork last week. Got some info from them but not 100% sure about it. For example they told me a Britax seat will fit my car but the Britax website says it wont??? Their stock is fairly limited also so they will only recommend items they stock (obviously). Would prefer to get some more opinions also from people who may have had good/bad experiences with various types.

They will fit the demo seat for you before you purchase it to make sure. I have a britax elite and a britax evolva for one toddler but two different cars at the min, both seats are great, not isofix, although i've a slight preference for the elite and its cheaper. Got them both through tony kealys and found them great, really know their stuff. Also when the seat got knocked out once by back seat passengers they re fit it for me no problem. I didn't get the isofix because only one car has it and originally was using one seat in both cars. I probably wouldn't get isofix because its so expensive and the ones i have are great.

Also the second britax one i got they didn't stock and ordered it in especially for me. I think you'll find any store will recommend you just what they have, in fairness thats where their product knowledge is. Might as well go around a few stores and ask their opinions and weigh up the info at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'd recommend the Britax carseats. I've currently got about 10 or 11 carseats, from rock-a-tots to the big carseats to booster seats. I'm a childminder so have the variety depending on what children I mind

I have 2 Britax Freeway Excels, have one 12.5 years and much prefer it to other brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wada

i have 2 evolver car seats for an 18 month and 3 year old lasts up until there 11. great so far. had them for 6 months. i wanted the rea expensive evolver seats where you can take of the cover to wash it without removing it from the car but they dont supply them here. and shop couldnt order them in.

Advertisement