Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats my car worth 96 Civic H\B 1.4i

Options
  • 22-07-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Ok have bought a new passat and am looking at selling on my little civc. Am just wondering what should I ask for it - it's a 1996 Black Irish model Hatch Back. It has 115k miles, remote central locking. Had the timing belt done 5k miles ago. Have owned it for the last 5 years and it has been mainly city driving except for the weekends. No major dents or scratches just normal wear and tear. I have checked carzone etc but all the civics on that seem to be souped up ones and I can't get a realistic price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭CarList.ie

There are six 1996 Honda Civics on carlist.ie:

http://www.carlist.ie/vehicles/37,38/*/1996-1996/price-d/photo/

They range in price from €2,000 -> €7,250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

CarList.ie wrote: »
    They range in price from €2,000 -> €7,250

That €7,250 seller is having a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP is it the 3 door or 5 door model you have?

The 5 door hatchback models are worth considerably less than the 3 door models and are less desirable than the 3 or 4 door.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

Its the 3 door model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

put it for sale around 2-3 K, some young lad will have a hard on for it, there well sort after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

black 96 civic hatch?
    Whats it worth?

Depends how much drugs are hidden inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€1500 - €2000, but ask more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭kyote00

does it have a full tank of petrol ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

These are very popular cars and easy to sell on .. I'd advertise for 2500e and and sell it for 2250e or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Had a 98 one for sale, with 66k miles, timing belt done. It had a sunroof and elec windows but other than that was very basic spec. Sold for €3000 within 7 hours. I think it would be worth 2k to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I sold a 1997 model with 225K on it a couple of years ago for 3500 Euro. Couldn't believe it! Never cost me a cent in fairness to her.

Apparently the boy racer brigade buy them to convert into Lamborghini Diablo's. They think most people will be fooled :rolleyes:.

Between 2 and 2.5K I'd say. Might be better off to keep as a runaround?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I sold a 2007 model with 225K on it a couple of years ago for 3500 Euro. Couldn't believe it! Never cost me a cent in fairness to her.
    Jaysus.
    You sold a 07 model a couple of years ago?
    And it did 225k miles before it was made?
    Are you doctor who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Jaysus.
    You sold a 07 model a couple of years ago?
    And it did 225k miles before it was made?
    Are you doctor who?
    Heh heh. 1997 model. Better fix that!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Heh heh. 1997 model. Better fix that!

But if you change it then I will look quite the misquoting fool. And you will no longer be akin to Dr. Who. Though the green hornet is already pretty cool...

Hey OP, it isn't automatic or anything is it?
    They tend to be worth quite a lot to the youthful population, if it is the 3 door, I reckon you will shift it fairly quick. Put a badge with the letter M or R on it on the back for the laugh.
    I saw a citroen M5 the other day. With an Autobot logo where the citroen front logo should be.
    Now that guy is damn cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭rebellad

Green Hornet

Was thinking of keeping it as a run around alright but it would never really be used, so I couldn't justify the cost of the insurance and tax on it.

dr.bollocko

Nope it is as manual as they come!!! Have had a few people asking me about it already but didn't really know what to charge - I think I will go with 2.5k and accept 2000-2250

Advertisement