Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does yer fella buy you lingerie?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering on how many ladies out there receive 'sexy time clothing' from their fellas. Is it only for special occasions, or would he buy it regularly?
    Or would he never be seen dead in such a shop by himself?

Do you like it when he does, or are you thinking 'jaysus, all he thinks about is s*x!'.

Just looking for more ideas where to get some nice stuff for herself also.
    Oh... and does seeing blokes in lingerie shops, or places like Ann Summers, by themselves freak you out?

Comments

What size are you?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

dont buy her anything from ann summers, thats just nasty

irishbird wrote: »

They have some really pretty underwear.

Although anything red or with peep holes or tassles is best avoided......if it is for an actual woman OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

No but it'd be cool if he did ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Moonbaby wrote: »
    They have some really pretty underwear.

Although anything red or with peep holes or tassles is best avoided......if it is for an actual woman OP.
    Yeah don't they do a knickerbox range?
    As well as the itchy PVC range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

never had a man buy me lingerie. my ex loved certain things but would always be too mortified to go into a shop with me or anything. we talked about him buying it at one point & he said he would but hed order it online. never did though. & id have been a bit terrified in what id end up in if he did.

youd just need to be careful with sizes. & buy something that would be her taste too, not just something you think is really hot but might make her feel like a whore. unless thats what she likes or whatever :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

mine has done.... Marks and spencer do lovely stuff just make sure you get the right size...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya mine has never done it. i have to do the shopping myself. as for what to get your girl there is only one answer. LA SENZA. it's classy and some bit reasonable.

don't know what i would think if he got me something. i would prob like it but find it a tad strange but i would like it. the poor guy has barely bought me any jewelary and we going out 2 years nearly. but id say cause i'm a student he getting me things i need which i love too.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

All my ex's have bought me lingerie at one stage or another, whether it be for birthdays or Christmas. They do lovely stuff in La Senza sometimes, And Figleaves.co.uk is great for higher end stuff, La Perla do the sexiest stuff. :D
    I love getting it, brings happiness to both involved. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ive never been bought underwear by ah oh but if they did id love it.
    have a bit of an underwear obsession as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

irishbird wrote: »

No IB, I used to think like that too, but they have loads of different type stuff, not just the usual sex shop tat!

I have got some lovely erm........outfits in there!
    Masseuse and french maid !!!

Both quite demure not old bolier hookery!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well, I am still training my fellow. He can go into lingerie sections no problem and he is learning what I like but to be fair, our tastes are pretty similar though he likes lace more than me! I have gone shopping with him in Agent Provocateur in BT's, Paris and Marks and Spencers. The last time he went on a shopping binge in Marks and bought half the shop, OK, not the most romantic but he did buy the best stuff there and at least we know that it fits, that was June Bank Holiday.

Oddly enough, I bough him a basque for me to wear for my wedding night and he hated it so I never wore it, even though it cost me a fortune!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nah... Wouldn't want him too either. He's given me money for it though - that'll do nicely! :)

I love lingerie so much anyway, I'd be afraid he'd pick up something I wouldn't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭aviendha

My boy loves buying for me... but I don't trust him on his own yet, so he comes in (any excuse for a look!), we both pick something out, and he pays up :)

and I'll second the earlier post, stay away from red and peep-holes!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

ive never been bought underwear by ah oh but if they did id love it.
    have a bit of an underwear obsession as it is.

Same here, never been bought underware by any Bfs and no fella now to hint at but would love it! :D

Who wouldnt, smiles all round! :p

Got a bit of an obsession myself Aisling!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Tbh I think she knows her own taste better than me and I would definitely feel a bit weird handing her stuff to wear, moreso than the act of actually buying it. Have given her money before though and told her to buy something that she likes, works out best for both of us methinks.

Jemmy wrote: »
    Same here, never been bought underware by any Bfs and no fella now to hint at but would love it! :D

Who wouldnt, smiles all round! :p

Got a bit of an obsession myself Aisling!

ive a big box drawer full opf bras and another of knickers.
    my mam thinks im insane

ive a big box drawer full opf bras and another of knickers.
    my mam thinks im insane

haha same here, seperate drawers!
    Hmm could your mam be right?! Are we?!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I had boyfriends buy me underwear before but it was either flower power or stripper town. The trick is to buy something she'd actually want herself, pretty elegant underwear. I would love it if i got something nice!

Jemmy wrote: »
    haha same here, seperate drawers!
    Hmm could your mam be right?! Are we?!:o

hmm...nah
    shes just old with odd views.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Yup all the time. He's quite thoughtful like that :D Lets just hope he doesn't join Boards and catch me telling everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

No, he's not a lingerie kind of guy. He thinks I'm sexiest in my pyjamas (my ones with fluffy sheep on them) with my hair tied up and no make up on. He says only he gets to see me that way so he likes it and pyjamas have easier access then lingerie (no bra fasteners!!). I think that's quite sweet!

So he can buy me jammies anyday over lingerie!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

watna wrote: »
    No, he's not a lingerie kind of guy. He thinks I'm sexiest in my pyjamas (my ones with fluffy sheep on them) with my hair tied up and no make up on. He says only he gets to see me that way so he likes it and pyjamas have easier access then lingerie (no bra fasteners!!). I think that's quite sweet!

So he can buy me jammies anyday over lingerie!

maybe it's a kiwi thing? my fella isnt into lingerie either (though he's a bit odd like that, not really into most things guys are 'supposed' to like, with the exception of beer and sport :D), he always says the sexiest thing is the person and their mind, and that's that. he does give me **** now and then though cos of the fact i barely own any girls clothes all (im quite fond of boxers, and not the crappy lyrca womens ones either), but nah, lingerie is just something we've never done, and i cant really picture happening any time soon at all. he does buy me chocolate, skittles (came home to two packets today!), flowers (specific ones, that mean stuff to *us*), and little odds and bobs that he knows id like, definitely more of a turn on than lingerie for both of us,r eally :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

he does buy me chocolate, skittles (came home to two packets today!), flowers (specific ones, that mean stuff to *us*), and little odds and bobs that he knows id like, definitely more of a turn on than lingerie for both of us,r eally :cool:

way to make us all jealous! :( lucky you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

lolz, haha, well ,they all cost a hell of a lot less than lingerie anyway. but yep, i got me a gud'n :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Spiddalydal

Yes, like many others I haven't but I would love it if I was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Moonbaby wrote: »
    What size are you?

About a 22/24! Seriously though, I love sexy lingerie on ladies. Especially if it is frilly! But some of the more extrovert things are good so long as you get them from respectable places. I think it makes them look more feminine. I adore the feel of satin and silk as well, so a win win situtaion. When I was little, I had a piece of the satin edging you get on those baby blankets, I used to rub it and suck my thumb, so I think that's what makes me like the feel of satin and silk now!

But all this makes me remember the Father Ted episode:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Never had it bought for me no, but I think I'd quite like it! As long as it was pretty and feminine and fit me and wasn't like.... scary.

Ok so i think the general view is...

Guys go for it...but nothing scary unless specially requested! :P;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I have bought an ex some Lingerie but I was very :o going into the shop on my own to buy it.

Advertisement