Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does yer fella buy you lingerie?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Don't be embarrassed! No matter how strange you think it feels for you, the staff won't even bat an eyelid, the get dozens of guys coming in to buy lingerie everyday!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I am an agent provocateur when it comes to lingerie shopping.
    I try it on myself.
    Ok me and she are different sizes, but my ma always said never to buy anything without trying it on first.
    Its difficult when I have to buy condoms sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Don't be embarrassed! No matter how strange you think it feels for you, the staff won't even bat an eyelid, the get dozens of guys coming in to buy lingerie everyday!

Ahh well was just the once, no need to do it any more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I went into a Ann Summers shop a few years ago in the UK, there was a guy about 40 working there, straight as a die, as I was chatting to him in the pub the same night. I suposse you get desensitised to it after a whille, and it's like any other job. In the UK Ann Summers were not allowed to advertise thier jobs in the Jobcentres, (like Faas offices) as it is classed as the sex industry. But they faught it in court and are now allowed.

I have actually worn lingerie, :o but only for fun with a partner, and for a whole week when I played Dr Frakenfurter in the Rocky Horror Show at my local theatre. ;) and I speak from experience, man those corsets hurt your ribs! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I can just see you in a lacy camisole Spidey! :eek:

My OH has not ever bought me lingerie. I've bought some for him in a way...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The reaction wouldn't be too unlike the lingerie dept scene from Fr Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 blondey2die4

i would love if mine did. he wouldnt do it though he is way too shy. but i woukd like it,

Abigayle are you blonde? Check post #28! Or is this a Deja Vous moment???? ;)

Neesa wrote: »
    I can just see you in a lacy camisole Spidey! :eek:

Nooooooooooo! But a black lace corset was what I had to wear for the show, my ribs felt like they had been pumelled by Tyson!

Edit: I will be doing it again when the RHPS comes to Dublin again! but might wear a basque instead to save the ribs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

I looooove lingerie and have quite an impressive collection. Unfortunately, I've never dated a guy who was into it. What's up with that? I would love it if a guy bought me lingerie, but not for a normal gift-giving occasion like Christmas or my birthday, because it really is just as much of a present for him as for me. But if he randomly surprised me with some that'd be cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Dammit i missed the speed edit! :pac:

:p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

One ex bought me lingerie. He never checked my size and grossly overestimated my bust - an obvious case of wishful thinking!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    is this a Deja Vous moment???? ;)

Damn you Spidey! You got there before meh :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I just have a thing about blokes buying me any clothes in anyway shape or form, I just don't like them doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Yes he does from time to time but god bless him he always gets the sizes wrong no matter how many times Ive told him.

Last time I got lingerie it was a size 16 knickers and 36 bra (Im between 10/12 bum and 34 chest) Apparently, the girl asked did he know the sizes and he said she's about your size to her:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    I went into a Ann Summers shop a few years ago in the UK, there was a guy about 40 working there, straight as a die, as I was chatting to him in the pub the same night. I suposse you get desensitised to it after a whille, and it's like any other job. In the UK Ann Summers were not allowed to advertise thier jobs in the Jobcentres, (like Faas offices) as it is classed as the sex industry. But they faught it in court and are now allowed.

I have actually worn lingerie, :o but only for fun with a partner, and for a whole week when I played Dr Frakenfurter in the Rocky Horror Show at my local theatre. ;) and I speak from experience, man those corsets hurt your ribs! :eek:

be the jaysus they do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Lol no.

Advertisement