Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post or deliver by hand?

• 22-07-2008 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

Do you post your planning applications or deliver by hand?

Whats the average cost to post an application?

How far would you have to drive?

Which is most economical?

It used to be worth delivering by hand because:-
    • Each application had paper equivalent to a telephone book
    • You could view other files, which at the Department
    (Now most files are available on broadband)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

id say 95% of ours are handed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

All ours are handed in, I dont trust modern postal system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

It's normally last minute for me - ad expiring on the day, so postage not an option .... Drop it in and hope for the best in terms of validation. OK 9 times out of ten thankfully.
    Last application I posted cost about €11 for Swiftpost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The local planning dept. in Lifford is about 12 miles away but I always hand deliver. Mostly because its usually the 14th day after the notice has been published in the paper but I would normally have something else to do in that area so I kill 2 birds with the one stone.

Failing that I pop over the border into Strabane for a bit of cheap shopping ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Iano Ludz

Always reg post, same day as public notices, that way if you get invalidated over technical issues on drawings or the like, you can reuse the same advert saving some cash :D (within the 14days of course ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Normally hand them in, but then again most of the planning applications I work on are rather large, typically an archive box full, so its cheaper to hand deliver it rather than post it. On the last application I lodged the Engineers posted me the engineering drawings and reports, which cost them €33 to do so, needless to say I delivered the planning application to the Planning Office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

I usually hand deliver on same day as notices, gives some time if there is a problem (LA will usually ring me instead of invalidating) to fix before needing new newspaper notice. I dont like getting invalidations i dont think it looks good to client.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

We dont have over the counter validation in Mayo (planners do it when they look at the file :eek:) so I always hand deliver my applications and nearly always on the last day of the two weeks... now off I go to Castlebar

Advertisement