Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to validate?

• 22-07-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

How long, on average, does your local planning authority take to validate an application?

One hour from receipt?

24 hours from receipt?

One month from receipt?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Donegal: 3 - 5 working days on average.

Can take longer due to holidays or the technician off sick etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

Roscommon can take anywhere up to a month or more, never had one done in less than 2 weeks. Leitrim are about a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

about a week around BAC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

About two weeks for Waterford County Council.
    Four weeks Cork County Council.
    3 to four weeks for South Tipperary County Council.

Waterford Co Co tried over counter validation for a while some time ago. It worked well, but had to be called off as the counter closed at 3.30 and you could have 10 applications waiting for validation taking 30mins each.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

offaly: will do at counter if handed in otherwise, 5 WEEKS!!!

Laois: typically 1 week

Kilkenny: will do at counter, otherwise not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

North Tipperary seems to be taking about 3 weeks at present although they do an over the counter admin validation.

Waterford City Council anything from a week to three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Kildare will do prelim validation at counter, then two weeks for official vallidation by post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Mayo two months, you know its valid when you get a decision or an FI!!

Sligo over the counter or on recipt and there very nice about it, I posted on in a few months ago and the guy rang me to tell me I'd left out the dot on the site map for the site notice :eek: and was it ok if he put it in for me to avoid invalidation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

No6 wrote: »
    Mayo two months, you know its valid when you get a decision or an FI!!

Sligo over the counter or on recipt and there very nice about it, I posted on in a few months ago and the guy rang me to tell me I'd left out the dot on the site map for the site notice :eek: and was it ok if he put it in for me to avoid invalidation!!

that's pretty cool . Fingal and DLRCC operate like that too . Less so DCC .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

5 weeks - Cork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

The level of inconsistency is just wrong. Some client are dependent on a quick turnaround. You have a pre-palnning meeting, you prepare a solid set of drawings and they are returned 2-5 weeks later because the person checking the drawings dont understand them. As you will see from another post the local authorities ask studnts to validate planning applications. No disrespect to students, you need a number of years of experience to understand what is required and what is not. I do however think it disrespectful of the LAs to return an application 2-5 weeks later following an inspection by someone still in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jonnyj

Is it not a legal requirment to have them validated within 10 working days.
    Wexford is a week or less.
    They tend to look for futher information now for silly things just to give themselves something to do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

jonnyj wrote: »
    Is it not a legal requirment to have them validated within 10 working days.
    Nope. PA's are expected to validate applications but the regs dont state any specific time other than what is contained in Article 26 (2) which states
    Where a planning authority considers that a planning application complies with the requirements of articles 18, 19(1)(a) and 22 and, as may be appropriate, of article 24 or 25, it shall stamp each document with the date of its receipt and send to the applicant an acknowledgement stating the date of receipt of the application.

After the receipt of an application has been acknowledged it can only be invalidated if the site notice is not in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

muffler wrote: »
    After the receipt of an application has been acknowledged it can only be invalidated if the site notice is not in order.

Not in Mayo, It will not be validated (or even looked at) untill the planners sees it, having siad that they tend not to invalidate for totally daft reasons, well not my files anyways!! but when you are dealing with mainly the same area planners and they know your work (exceptionally high standard of course!!) they tend not to look first for reasons to invalidate!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sinnerboy wrote: »
    that's pretty cool . Fingal and DLRCC operate like that too . Less so DCC .
    It actually in there best interests to carry on like this. I think that strictly speaking they shouldn't.
    As we all know, most PAs are swamped with work, an have to resort to giving potentially important jobs to students. Invalidation process for a minor reason, wastes a few man hours and when it comes back, the parts that were ok have to be re-validated, more wastes.

As soon as all the PAs relised that there job is to simply process applications, and not catch people out, it will be better for all.

Advertisement