Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ML 270 CDI 2002 running lumpy

Options
  • 22-07-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have a above mentioned 2002 ML270 CDI that is very lumpy or vibrating when ticking over...

Any idea's what this might be...also i have just recently done an oil and filter change including fuel filter.

Tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I had problems with the MAF and ERG on my diesel a while ago, could be something to look into

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

There are too many possible causes for the symptom as you describe it to take a guess. It needs to be looked at by someone with the correct equipment and knowledge.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭jerryg

The previous post by Mr. Diagnostic is correct but one of the problems associated with lumpy tickover is a seizing of the free wheel clutch on your alternator .This happened my 2002 220 cdi and a new clutch was fitted and it solved the problem.IT cost 140 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭eire_dd

Hi.. tnx for answers.....forgot to mention its an auto

Advertisement