Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone actually like Bray?

• 22-07-2008 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

So does anyone actually like Bray or is it just another town that wishes it was in Dublin?

Do you like Bray? 104 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    36%
    azezilMossy Monksuper_furryKaromaJohnDigitalHJ SimpsonfjonFusion251[Deleted User]RuggieBearUser45701Eoin[Deleted User]Wibbsjarmstrong001ArmaniJeansscanceAspirationCrumble Froomissloulou 38 votes
    Maybe
    50%
    c0rk3rwilliambSteve_oSleepySeiferJIZZLORDMoojuicejoejoemfunk-youmikemacGone Westpreilly79Neo#Lister1Turd Fergusonhomerjay2005anonymous_joepatmacjum4[Deleted User] 52 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    13%
    Tom65Ciaran500IshmaelelmyraJuliusCaesarCatari JaguarBeau x1Gran HermanoBaconZombiewandatowellmurpho999JulyFunkZJemmy 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dublin forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Dublin forum for an area in wicklow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well clearly people in Bray are going to like it. OP was appealing to Dublin people's sense of superiority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

No
    Bray is awesome. I once got the Dart from there. WOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I knew a guy from Bray once. Nice chap, very well spoken.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HJ Simpson

No
    My missus hails from Bray its ok. The seafront does suffer from the dart bringing every dublin skanger out for the day to drink and beat their kids to the amusments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

No
    Are you kidding??! I love Bray!

My ex used to take me there and he was amazed. he kept telling people "She's from Barcelona and she loves Bray :confused:"

On one of our earlier expeditions I took a little stone. Still have it at home on my shelf. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Living in Bray is not so good. It's not quite the country, not quite the city, instead it hovers somewhere in the middle and no one can seem to leave. That's why we call it the Braytrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I <3 Bray.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've never set foot in Wicklow, yet still feel the need to post on this thread. It is that or work for these few seconds, so easy choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

No
    I rather <3 Bray too -- been going for walks there for years, chips/ icecream / candyfloss or bumpercars.. well before they got rid.

lovely beach to walk on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when it's good, it's great, when it's bad it's ****ing awfully depressing.

it's pretty depressing now actually tbh, full of students who walk on roads, desparate traffic, a lifeless main street.

it can't stand on it's own two feet it needs dublin to be there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

No
    Myself and MIN had a lovely day there on Sunday. I like it - I don't know if I could live there but it's nice.

It's got a beach!! Albeit a stoney beach, but a beach with a nice view nevertheless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The walk up to Bray Head is nice and the view is amazing.

Pretty decent Porter House too.

Oh and there's a Quasar. Everyone go play so it stays open!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

No
    PHEW my second name is bray and everyone calls me bray.for a second there i thought everyone hated me!den i relised talking about the crappy town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

No
    Aspiration wrote: »
    Myself and MIN had a lovely day there on Sunday. I like it - I don't know if I could live there but it's nice.

It's got a beach!! Albeit a stoney beach, but a beach with a nice view nevertheless!

Yes hon, we sure did...

Twas fun...

Porterhouse was good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

bray hasnt got a beach, it has a pile of stones.

but bray can be good fun when the festival was on, had a couple of good nights there last week.

i wouldnt recommend sitting on the "beach" though. i did it once & got up covered in tar or SOMETHING that was black & gross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

No
    That's what beach towels are for ;)

Nahh you're right - it's a stoney beach but it has a nice view that doesn't include two chimneys out the side of your eye...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

PHEW my second name is bray and everyone calls me bray.for a second there i thought everyone hated me!den i relised talking about the crappy town

You're not the smartest are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Neesa wrote: »
    Are you kidding??! I love On one of our earlier expeditions I took a little stone. Still have it at home on my shelf. :D

you're nothing but a thief - the guards have been informed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

"This train is for Bray. Bray."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Bray is awesome. I once got the Dart from there. WOW.
    L
    connundrum wrote: »
    I knew a guy from Bray once. Nice chap, very well spoken.
    O
    Cianos wrote: »
    Living in Bray is not so good. It's not quite the country, not quite the city, instead it hovers somewhere in the middle and no one can seem to leave. That's why we call it the Braytrix
    L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't like Bray. I don't even like Greystones.

Sure, anything that wishes it was the Doom Fortress that is Dublin is bad as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭burgess1

Maybe
    "This train is for Bray. Breah."
    Fixed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Maybe
    Bray is fine, its just the people....

they may or may not be Bray people, but the place has more than its fair share of inbreds and junkies and indeed inbred junkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

i work out in Bray , it fairly gets battered by the elements , but when its sunny the place is beautiful........but then i am easily pleased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

i hear tell it was pretty good out there last weekend with the US womens beach vollyball team out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

No
    i like Bray

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

There's a lovely place called Bray north of London - a village with at least two 2-Michelin Star restaurants.

Beats that ****hole in Wicklow anyway

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Kold wrote: »
    Dublin forum.

eh?????????????

bray is in wicklow ?

i am originally from bray it is very beautiful when you take away the junkies, tracksuits, 14 year single mothers and the dubs who migrate there during the summer months

but the porterhouse hails from bray, so thats not bad and bono drinks in the harbour

and the back strand is really sandy and lovely

but the swans can be really aggresive

hmm pizza and cream best pizza and ice cream in ireland

it used to have Escape but tom didnt pay his taxes and now its a nice italian restuarant but not as good as Escape

its a mixed bag really

irishbird wrote: »
    snip

And it has a Quasar!

Don't let it close down. Go play and say Chopper sent you!

Maybe
    Maximilian wrote: »
    There's a lovely place called Bray north of London - a village with at least two 2-Michelin Star restaurants.

Beats that ****hole in Wicklow anyway

west of London actually, between Maidenhead and Windsor.

Home to a little known eating place called the fat duck http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fat_Duck

and the Waterside
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterside_Inn

Apparantly the snail Porridge that Heston serves up at the fat Duck is superb, followed up obviously by egg and bacon ice cream :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

And it has a Quasar!

i dont live in bray anymore, too many scumbags for my liken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Atari Jaguar
    I can't believe no one has mentioned the Brayjing nickname for the amount of Chinese that live there (or at least used to).

Bray: where the Celtic Tiger never happened.

Maybe
    Tom65 wrote: »
    It did, but it had a baby at 15 and ended up a crack whore.:D

• Advertisement

Tom65 wrote: »
    I can't believe no one has mentioned the Brayjing nickname for the amount of Chinese that live there (or at least used to).

Is Brayjing what the locals say? We always said Braysia.

I think Eddie Rockets is staffed exclusively by East Asians!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

No
    irishbird wrote: »
    bray is in wicklow ?

Some of it is in Dublin, certainly under Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council anyway. Probably best leaving this in AH anyway. I think Brayruit was another nickname as well, though I like the Brayjing one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

And it has a Quasar!

Curse you and your multiple Quasar references! Now I want to go play it. :(

Curse you and your multiple Quasar references! Now I want to go play it. :(

Do it, do it!

Maybe
    I think Eddie Rockets is staffed exclusively by East Asians!

what has that got to do with a discussion on Bray :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Maybe
    I hate Bray. It's a dump. There's nothing to do but drink.

The cinema's, the amusements are slowly but surely closing down and the nightclubs are all crap. The one good thing is Bray Wanderers.

It's handy living close to Dublin but WE ARE NOT WANNABE DUBS. Who would be? There are the kids of blow-in Dubs who act like Dubs and then there are the other people in the town who are from Wicklow.

But, yeah...I can't stand the place.

Maybe

There's nothing to do but drink.

The one good thing is Bray Wanderers.

you have made two very worrying statements right there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Maybe
    Lived there for 7 years. Never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Bray is the Leixlip of Wicklow, but crappier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Maybe
    Love playing Bray Wanderers, just to get the old
    "Sh!t Dublin suburb, you're just a sh!t Dublin subbbbbbburb"
    chant out.

Used to love going out to the amusements in my young(er) days. Remember about two years back when I'd just finished transition year a group of us thought 'Ah lads, haven't been to Bray in years will we go out and have a look?'- Once you hit the double digits, Bray just seems a kip.
    Much lols. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Nermal

Too many carnies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Atari Jaguar
    Ah its not so bad, ive had some good nights out there along the seafront but otherwise eh...no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Atari Jaguar
    "This train is for Bray. Bray."
    Haha. I lol'd.

Anyway, Bray is alright. I live there, and I have to say you could do a lot worse, living in the middle of nowhere i.e. Roundwood. Its actually quite alright, except that the vast majority of the population is filled with scum. Another thing is that the now closed down cinema and bray bowl make it a look like a bit of a kip.
    I can't say I LIKE it, but I can't say I hate it, either. Its just there really, a small enough town that hosts a few shops, bars on the seafront and a Mc Donalds. The DARTS nice to have too which I use frequently.

Not the sort of place you'd go to hang out in really, but its decent enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

No
    I quite like bray but it does need a facelift. The town has just been approved for a new town centre (2 billion) to be built, this will be on the same scale as Dundrum.

http://www.braytowncentre.com/

So it soon will be up and coming town! Woohooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Atari Jaguar
    Fusion251 wrote: »
    I quite like bray but it does need a facelift. The town has just been approved for a new town centre (2 billion) to be built, this will be on the same scale as Dundrum.

http://www.braytowncentre.com/

So it soon will be up and coming town! Woohooo

Ah jesus, the traffic coming from Dublin into Bray is horrific now. I can't even imagine after this is built.

• Advertisement
Advertisement