Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone actually like Bray?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭limerickwoman

Atari Jaguar, I haver been there:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

My mate lived in Bray for a few years when she was a kid - she doesn't want to talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 frecklz

There is a €2 billion development plan for Bray in the pipeline. Big shopping centre and 8-screen cinema on the seafront... Might keep the lower life forms away from IMC Dún Laoghaire...

On the plus side of Bray - funfair (I just listen to the screams), Sea Life (awesome, but too small for yer money - also next to a seafood restaurant :eek:), and Ardmore Studios (where movies and stuff get made).

Mainly a depressing little seaside-town-that-was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Maybe
    Bray is just a bunch of Dub wannabes!!! Full of Dutch Gold drinking skangers!! Arklow is not much different! Come on Wicklow Town:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

In my travels around north west england i somtimes come across people who on hearing my accent say '' oh we went on a day /weekend trip to ireland '' and i go ,oh how nice and tell me, were did you go ? and the reply in a lot of cases is ' Bray' and for some reason i find myself laughing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fusion251 wrote: »
    I quite like bray but it does need a facelift.

The needle on the 'like-yore-ma'-ometer is at breaking point. I can't hold it much longer. :(

I know yorema'isms are actively discouraged, but with metaphors like this, something has to give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Maybe
    irishbird wrote: »
    ....bono drinks in the harbour....

That's a no vote from me so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Atari Jaguar
    It's a point of personal pride that I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Bray. I bought a car there once, I dropped a friend to their house, I inexplicably ended up there on a pointless road trip one dark dark night, I gave a speech at a conference in the Esplanade and I went through it on a bus to Glendalough. Sadly, on none of these occasions did I really get to form a proper opinion of the place - never had food there or just wandered around or anything. Aside from that, my feelings are basically summed up in two thoughts - 1, Greystones appears to be way better. Their beach is gorgeous and it has a nice villagey feel and appears less knackery. 2 - the McChurch is weird and bothers me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i used to like it when i was a wain. Haven't been there since I was about 14 with my mates, which was 14 years ago or so, we climbed the hill and walked around the coast a bit and it was sunny and nice. The town was a kip at the time though. I remember drunk dublin knackers up for the day with their tops off and one of them with blood running from his head. I'm never going there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

No
    aww, awesome day...

was going in for surgery the day afterwards, but ended up randomly hopping on a dart to bray, having some nice chill time (twas a gorgeous day, in feb, i think), having some nice space to my self on the beach and stuff, and then waiting for the dart back, and seeing a few girls from college, and then going back with them, hanging for a bit... a really really good freindship sprung from the day, and i always think of bray with affectoin now :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Xavi6 wrote: »

tbh, we dont want your sort anyway, it would bring down the tone of the area even more :P

someone the night clubs are crap - what bloody night clubs, i there are three late bars but no night clubs not since the bray head closed down.

oh the nights, i had in that place - actually probably better to forget them

i could murder a henry and rose now though

elmyra wrote: »
    1, Greystones appears to be way better. Their beach is gorgeous and it has a nice villagey feel and appears less knackery. 2 - the McChurch is weird and bothers me.

Greystone is a horrible concrete town
    the McChurch is in fact the McTown Hall, it never was a church

the worse Mc'D's in ireland btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Atari Jaguar
    elmyra wrote: »
    It's a point of personal pride that I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to Bray. I stole a car there once, I dropped a friend to their house, I inexplicably ended up there on a pointless road trip one dark dark night, I gave a speech at a conference in the Esplanade and I went through it on a bus to Glendalough.

Fixed (we are talking about Bray, here).

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭lost marbles

ALL GOOD DONKEYS GO TO BRAY :D
    if you want to go into a time warp (back to the 60s 70s )
    visit the bray head hotel

ALL GOOD DONKEYS GO TO BRAY :D
    if you want to go into a time warp (back to the 60s 70s )
    visit the bray head hotel

The Bray Head Hotel has closed down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

Greystone is a horrible concrete town
    Of course it is

Maybe
    eh?????????????

bray is in wicklow ?

i am originally from bray it is very beautiful when you take away the junkies, tracksuits, 14 year single mothers and the dubs who migrate there during the summer months

but the porterhouse hails from bray, so thats not bad and bono drinks in the harbour

and the back strand is really sandy and lovely

but the swans can be really aggresive

hmm pizza and cream best pizza and ice cream in ireland

it used to have Escape but tom didnt pay his taxes and now its a nice italian restuarant but not as good as Escape

its a mixed bag really

knew you'd be in this thread.....what i didnt know is that you're FROM BRAY!! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Maybe
    I LITERALLY hate Bray more than anywhere else on the entire planet(obv to most,war torn countries/famine floods/disease would be considered worse but for me they would be the lesser of two evils). Its strange I was actually thinking about this burning hatred the other day prior to seeing this thread.

Maybe
    Xavi6 wrote: »

LOL he also drinks near me in Dalkey, he gets left alone tho thank God!

The Bray Head Hotel has closed down
    no it hasnt ,the bar and the hotel is still in business and i noticed that it has got a new lick of white paint

• Advertisement

knew you'd be in this thread.....what i didnt know is that you're FROM BRAY!! :eek::eek:

hey whats wrong with that?

i am from the nice end :D

no it hasnt ,the bar and the hotel is still in business and i noticed that it has got a new lick of white paint

oh, it must have opened back up so :cool:

which is great, it is such a lovely building, oh horrendous inside but lovely on the outside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Maybe

Shankill?

oh, it must have opened back up so :cool:

which is great, it is such a lovely building, oh horrendous inside but lovely on the outside
    i believe its a listed building so it can never be touched

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

No
    tbh, we dont want your sort anyway, it would bring down the tone of the area even more :P

someone the night clubs are crap - what bloody night clubs, i there are three late bars but no night clubs not since the bray head closed down.

oh the nights, i had in that place - actually probably better to forget them

i could murder a henry and rose now though
    The Koo??

Is Henry and Rose any better these days, I loved it but they did something a while ago to the chips and they tasted muck.

Yeah bray head is a B&B AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

hunter164 wrote: »
    So does anyone actually like Bray or is it just another town that wishes it was in Dublin?

I like Bray. I'd happily live there.

I prefer Greystones though.

Maybe
    hey whats wrong with that?

Theres a nice end?

Theres a nice end?

yeah, its more the kilmac side then the bray side, sure i remember when it was all fields and the cows would in the garden in the morning eating the flowers

ah them were the days

Maybe
    yeah, its more the kilmac side then the bray side, sure i remember when it was all fields and the cows would in the garden in the morning eating the flowers

ah them were the days

So what you meant to say was you're from Wicklow, the nice part, and that Brays urban sprawl has infested your once picturesque neighbourhood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

Maybe
    i was born and bread in bray,and cant stand the place, hence moving away far far away! although its good for some,just not me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Maybe
    *melanie* wrote: »
    i was born and bread in bray,and cant stand the place, hence moving away far far away! although its good for some,just not me.
    +1,000,000,000 there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Maybe
    Been to Bray twice... hated both times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Atari Jaguar
    I've never been to Bray but I reckon it's a ****hole cause you live there.

/points at someone who lives in Bray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Maybe
    FunkZ wrote: »
    I've never been to Bray but I reckon it's a ****hole cause you live there.

/points at someone who lives in Bray!

ooooohhhh

Fight Fight Fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's like everywhere, everywhere has bad and good places.

lol at someone who mentioned shankill, it's just as bad as bray tbh.

the good areas in bray would be southern cross/kilarney/kilmac area as IB pointed out/ardmore and down by the beach. the rest within reason is just ugh.

i'm down by the beach btw ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

No
    Cremo wrote: »

the good areas in bray would be southern cross/kilarney/kilmac area as IB pointed out/ardmore and down by the beach. the rest within reason is just ugh.

i'm down by the beach btw ;)

You're writing off all of little Bray just like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

No
    "This train is for Bray. Bray."

This train is for Bray, Bré ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eoin_s wrote: »
    You're writing off all of little Bray just like that?
    no i said within reason i could list more but it would take ages.

two areas from little bray which are nice are old connaught (hope i spelt that right) and corke abbey.

No
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    i used to like it when i was a wain. Haven't been there since I was about 14 with my mates, which was 14 years ago or so, we climbed the hill and walked around the coast a bit and it was sunny and nice. The town was a kip at the time though. I remember drunk dublin knackers up for the day with their tops off and one of them with blood running from his head. I'm never going there again.

And that has to do with Bray how? This is the sh1t that winds me up. Most people hating Bray because of the Dublin knackers that come out and get pissed and fight.
    IT'S NOT OUR FAULT!!! We're lovely we are :)

(Totally from Bray)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Maybe
    Cremo wrote: »
    lol at someone who mentioned shankill, it's just as bad as bray tbh.

I know, it was meant to be ironic, but it doesn't work on the interweb thingy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Maybe
    imo bray is a kip.
    Well atleast the "beach" side of it is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Never actually been to Bray, /me makes note for next outing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

No
    I love Bray. Some scumbags but they are everywhere. The scenery is beautiful and most of the people are friendly. The nightlife is good and best of all I live there.....so must be great:)

Advertisement