Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The M's are up!

Options
  • 22-07-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

So its deffo a McDonalds at the retail park.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi magnumlady

Is that the premises right beside KFC? After watching Super Size Me a few years ago it has put me completely off McDonalds. I have been in once since then, in Blanchardstown and got a Mc chicken sandwich, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Its the one just in front of Pizza Hut.
    I dont like McDonalds at all (don't tell them that!) They don't do anything vegetarian anymore.

I meant to say that, sorry. The unit beside Pizza Hut. Both KFC and Pizza Hut are owned by the same owner so I wonder how they will react when Ronald opens up, right next to them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

so its not a supamacs then, last time i ate in a irish mcd's was dec 2000, have ate in them a few times when abroad in that time, when there was no were else, just find no taste of them, hungary half an hour later, no mater how much you eat, and as supersize me showed, simply not good food

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

darn

I was hoping it was going to be a supermacs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Why so many food places up in the retail park? It's really out of the way like....you think they would have some more decent restaurants in Quayside or Johnston's Court...

There must be a market for it. All those drive through restaurants on the way into Sligo? I can easily see the draw for stressed out commuters who's diet starts on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Xiney wrote: »
    There must be a market for it. All those drive through restaurants on the way into Sligo? I can easily see the draw for stressed out commuters who's diet starts on Monday.

Huge market for it. Great for families at the weekend!

......and continues to run right through to the end of the week, and then starts all over again. Those guys in the drive thru's are going to be really busy!!!

I think it was badly needed, the other places at the retail park are over priced.

• Advertisement

Are they keeping the McDonald's in O'Connell Street as well considering they are going to be based in the retail park?

DenMan wrote: »
    Are they keeping the McDonald's in O'Connell Street as well considering they are going to be based in the retail park?

Thats what we were wondering, but considering how busy it gets there I think they'd be mad to close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I heard Supermacs were taking that premises, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I think it does very well for McDonalds.
    I have no problem with McD's. I quite like the taste and tbh, if you only eat it three of four times a year like I do, who cares how much salt or fat is in it? It's a change every now and then. I don't think Morgan Spurlock (cool name or what?) aimed Supersize Me at the people who partake of the clown's fare occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Yeah, Spurlock went a bit ott with the Mc D's in his film imo. Still goes to show the long term effects. Handy as a little treat every now and again. I woujld also think that its an ideal spot. Well out of the way of the town and ease of parking - Not to mention Free.

I wonder will they end up like the Colnel's establishment and not sell chicken:eek:

cant see them getting rid of mc d's on oconnell street, propbably does good business from people in the town shopping during the day, any time i walk past it always plenty in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Could do with doing up the o'connell st shop. It is a bit tired at this stage.

dingding wrote: »
    Could do with doing up the o'connell st shop. It is a bit tired at this stage.

only ever in it to use the facilities

:D

irish-stew wrote: »

ditto :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Me too!!

They will do great business on the road. It is conveniant, fast and not very tasty at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

a Mc Sh*t with lies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

City gate petrol station in colloney have PP for a restaurant, which I believe is to be supermacs, similar to what caseys in roscommon have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

kkontour wrote: »
    City gate petrol station in colloney have PP for a restaurant, which I believe is to be supermacs, similar to what caseys in roscommon have.

Mcdonalds are muck, had a big mac for the first time in years on sunday, cardboard with red sauce.
    Supermacs not much better

KK u an expert on where to find sligos finest dining now?
    Stick to the salad, u need it!

elshambo wrote: »
    Mcdonalds are muck, had a big mac for the first time in years on sunday, cardboard with red sauce.

Get a job, hippie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

elshambo wrote: »

Elshambo you're starting to annoy me. One more comment like that out of you and you're banned.
    Get a job, hippie!

kkontour, please report posts like this rather than replying to them.

takola wrote: »
    Elshambo you're starting to annoy me. One more comment like that out of you and you're banned.

kkontour, please report posts like this rather than replying to them.
    Report it? for what? it was friendly banter between two internet buddies.
    Shure he was just having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Report it? for what? it was friendly banter between two internet buddies.
    Shure he was just having a laugh.

So I've been told.

Might I suggest that you use the smileys available when you're having banter so that other people will know you're just having some fun too?

Right, it wasn't obvious that you two were friends.

But now we know and we can all leave it behind us and be happyhappyfuntime friends right?!

Right, it wasn't obvious that you two were friends.

But now we know and we can all leave it behind us and be happyhappyfuntime friends right?!

acquaintances;)
    Now we can all go for a happyhappyfuntime-meal...... in supermacs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I wonder when the place is opening,the whole building seems to be done but just looks like the inside needs to be fitted.
    Anyone know of an opening date?

• Advertisement

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I wonder when the place is opening,the whole building seems to be done but just looks like the inside needs to be fitted.
    Anyone know of an opening date?

your not thinking of going there for lunch are you bobcar

;)

Advertisement