Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needed: Good Home for a lovely ginger Tom

Options
  • 22-07-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭

This is honestly breaking my heart, guys.

Since we've been living in our house there's been cats all 'round the place and myself and Mr Xiney being huge suckers we've been feeding them. One in particular is just the friendliest, most adorable little guy ever. He loves to be petted and the second you sit down on the step will crawl right into your lap and nuzzle up all over. Mr Xiney named him Bruiser because of how tough he appeared when we first met him, but he's clearly just a big softie.

All this was fine until about two months ago with the arrival of a mostly feral tortoiseshell cat and her kittens. They clearly do not know how to behave and have been making a mess in next door's garden. A nuisance, sure... but since next door is also a creche, it's also a health issue.

So now next door is hell bent on getting rid of all the cats because of what the health board would have to say about having any around the place. I'm worried about Bruiser because he's just so lovely, he really ought to have a good family home, not be left to fend for himself in the countryside which is what will happen since the SPCA don't take in strays anymore. The others I don't really care about and in fact I resent that stupid tortoiseshell for messing it all up, but I really would like to find Bruiser a good home where he'd have plenty of human contact and love. He's awesome, but we can't take him because we already have a cat, who's declawed.

If you're at all interested in meeting him, please let me know. As quickly as possible would be best as next door wants to get rid of him asap. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

I'm interested! Need to double check with the parentals though, but I will let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I really appreciate it! Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

Where are you based Xiney?

pming you that info ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

You're going to lose your image as the crazy cat lady if you start giving away cats!

Unless you are throwing them at people, that is OK then...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Yes actually out of curiosity, whereabouts are you based Xiney? Just in case :rolleyes:

I think it's Sue who's the crazy cat lady...

Oh yea... I'm sure she'll take the cat off your hands :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm all catted out thanks. :)

Hey guys, I still need to find this incredibly friendly kitty a loving home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

You resent a cat? Hmmm!

il gatto wrote: »
    You resent a cat? Hmmm!

Wha?

Well, that particular cat did mess up our happy utopian kitty paradise :(

Plus she's totally annoying and growls at you.

sueme wrote: »
    Wha?

Very strong negative emotions to be provoked by a small, furry, domesticated animal.:D
    Can't help with the tom. Other half is busy offloading two kittens as we speak. Does that shelter in Coolaney still operate? They used to take cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Here's a video if any of you are still deciding!

PS: Mrs. Xiney apologises for the inanity of her statements in this video.

Ahhh! He's lovely. Bruiser isn't the nicest name for the poor guy.

yeah, he was so rough and tough when we first met him.

Little did we know!

LMAO at the commentary, "he just loves to be wrubbed, oosa good boy?"

LMAO at the commentary, "he just loves to be wrubbed, oosa good boy?"

Your just jealous.:P

@ Xiney, thats your hard as nails Mod rep GONE!

My eastern european heritage says otherwise.

I Crosh You. Like Leetle Ant.

• Advertisement

Update:

We'll be leaving in around two weeks and we still haven't been able to find a home for him. We took him to the vet's on Friday to be seen to after he arrived back the worse for wear* on Thursday. He didn't mind that the vet put antibiotic get into his eyes just as long as he was rubbed. Seriously, he's the friendliest, most docile, most loving cat I have ever known.

Do any of you know anyone who would want a cat? It would be a shame to have him homeless when we leave. :( If you know someone who can take him in, please let us know ASAP. We will be eternally grateful to anyone who can give him a good home (as will he!).

* He came back on Thursday with blood on his head. The vet reckons that he's been hit by a car but was certain that a bit of rest & soft food will see him right as rain. Since he stated eating again, he's seemed a lot stronger and he should be back to normal in a few days. We kept him in our shed (our only option tbh) to rest until yesterday, he's now able to take care of himself again.

Why not try posting this in Animals and Pets, you may find more cat lovers there.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I'm glad to hear he's taking the soft food for you ( I was talking to Xiney on Sat).

I'll make a couple of calls and see if I can get someone to foster him on a temporary basis until we can find a home, can't promise anything though.

Edit/ might be on to something, will keep you posted.

sueme wrote: »
    Why not try posting this in Animals and Pets, you may find more cat lovers there.

Good luck with it.
    We did when this thread was posted, in the "Good homes needed" sticky. No luck though.
    dakar wrote: »
    I'm glad to hear he's taking the soft food for you ( I was talking to Xiney on Sat).

I'll make a couple of calls and see if I can get someone to foster him on a temporary basis until we can find a home, can't promise anything though.

Great, thank you! :D

dakar wrote: »

Aha, face to a name :P

Thanks for using your contacts - I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Xiney wrote: »
    Aha, face to a name :P

Yeah, took me until you were just heading out the door to put two plus two.

Just as well, really, I'd have gotten tongue tied over what to call you, Zeenie, Zynie, Ex-eenie, Kseenie, or of course Ms. Aguilera-stylie, which I think is closer to the mark!:confused::D

eh, it would have been awkward alright:

"Are you from the internet?"

"...yes"

Advertisement