Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

British Motorshow, Docklands

Options
  • 22-07-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here gone before or are you going this year?

I might be in London (Westminister) over the next few weeks. Won't have a huge amount of time to spare, maybe a half day. Are the crowd/queues mad?
    I don't 'do' queueing so unless I could pop-in-and-out without too much hassle I wouldn't bother.

I'd be going as one of the great unwashed, not press or industry...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I've been before (years ago). Interesting to go, picking up brochures and checking out the girls.

Big queues depending on what you're looking for - you'll wait 30 people deep to see the newest fangled Ferrari.

Get in as early as possible, just like here if you're in at 9am you'll be wandering around relatively unmolested but if you wait till after lunch the place'll be jammers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Will be there on Saturday. Looking forward to the new Insignia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Going tomorrow cannot wait for the models !:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

If you're there during a week day it's fairly painless, but a weekend I'd imagine would be more packed. I was there on a Thursday I think, two years ago. Not too many queue's, worth spending a few hours there alright.
    Didn't go this year cause it didn't coincide with Farnborough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

furtzy wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new Insignia

Judging by these un-photoshopped images prepare to be underwhelmed.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Video/Search-Results/Video/Motor-Shows/Vauxhall-Insignia-video/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They launched the new Insignia there yesterday:
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_272613_25.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_272616_25.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_272625_25.jpg[/URL]

Not sure what the story is with the big mountain of earth in the background though. :confused:
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"][/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Was at the last one two years ago - it was the first time they had it in London great day out - wear comfy shoes! Heading over on Saturday can't wait! Weekend is fine as long as you go early we're hoping to hit Excel around 10am was lovely and quiet last time we went did get busy later on in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

They're Opel alloys in the last photo. Could this be a sign that Vauxhall is to be scrapped to save GM money on branding?

ninty9er wrote: »
    They're Opel alloys in the last photo. Could this be a sign that Vauxhall is to be scrapped to save GM money on branding?

Was supposed to happen a couple of years back but never did.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nope, it was the official European launch of the Insignia, both Vauxhall and Opel versions were there.

Here is the red hatchback version that was also there with the new Vauxhall logo:
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_272619_25.jpg[/URL]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

bazz26 wrote: »
    Not sure what the story is with the big mountain of earth in the background though. :confused:
    That's where they buried the Vectra!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Just back from the motorshow.....and yes, there were large crowds.

Lots to see and do, I didn't get to see everything I wanted and I was there from 10am to 4.30pm.

I filmed some stuff and took plenty of photos all of which will be posted up on the podcast section of my site (when I have everything edited) for anyone interested.

I was there yesterday (Wed) and it was supposedly a *VIP* day with admission restricted to 25000 people as opposed to 50000 for the rest of the week and I couldn't get anywhere near the Insignia.

My fave stand was the Alfa stand for 2 reasons......very nice cars and the best looking models by a country mile :D

Not too many brochures too be had this year as everyone has switched to e-brochures where you will be pestered by many people with a palm pc in their hand asking for all of your personal details so they can e-mail a brochure out to you.

Apart from that, it was a pretty cool day out.

fa3f0152.jpg
    49abefa6.jpg

Heres the first two loads more to come as soon as photobucket lets me upload them. Disappointed with the number of Brands that weren't there so i think its going to be Geneva next time.
    49abefa6.jpg
    fa3f0152.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She wins! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

moar pics!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,438 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Pics thread merged with existing thread...

fecb41f3.jpg
    aaa7671d.jpg
    776906e2.jpg
    0f585177.jpg
    9ab6a9b8.jpg
    7b3ca73f.jpg
    f55bfc20.jpg
    dbf9c7e3.jpg
    c22cb4db.jpg
    bc867935.jpg

f98b8ea4.jpg
    f521209c.jpg
    4d904582.jpg
    151117d4.jpg
    fc989305.jpg
    d3dfa692.jpg
    eaf867d3.jpg
    f53c8680.jpg

f22f278c.jpg
    2b85c62e.jpg
    a52851a7.jpg
    8cba85ab.jpg
    7415f354.jpg
    534ced03.jpg
    e83e422e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

excellence!

keefg wrote: »

I filmed some stuff which will be posted up on the podcast section of my site (when I have everything edited) for anyone interested.

OK folks.....as promised here are a few videos from the British Motorshow

http://www.carshowonvid.ie/podcasts.php

** a few bits "n" pieces from the Mini stand

** the very cool Kazashi concept car from Suzuki

** the new Honda Accord

I have loads more to go up from the motorshow and we are currently filming a full review of the Subaru Legacy Boxer Diesel which will also be posted when it's finished.

Enjoy :)

Was there on Saturday. Very impressed with the show...very well run and great facilities. The new Insignia looked very well and seemed very popular judging by the crowds. Went to the Honda Dreamscape show. It was basically a 30 minute ad/stunt show. Although seeing someone wheelie a Goldwing was impressive.

will definitely go back in 2010

I've just added a video of the Lightning GT which is an electric powered UK sports car with (so the manufacturors say) over 700bhp and zero Co2 emissions.

Also added the Toyota Urban Cruiser concept.

Hummer Concept & Land Rover Concept (both very cool) to follow.......

Honda OSM Concept video added........

Honda are saying that despite industry speculation this will not be a replacement for the S2000........time will tell

Advertisement