Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's happening with Arnotts?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Anyone know what is happening with Arnotts renovations lately?

A while ago I heard they were going to move homewares to Boyers in August 08, and clothes to Debenhams in Jervis, and do some work on their current building. But now I hear they didn't get planning permission so aren't doing any of this.

And if they are moving out of their premises, will there be some enormous sale? :D Just bought an apartment which will be ready early next year, & would have gone there for some nice homewares, but don't have the space to store it all up til then!

Anyone know what's actually happening? Should I buy in the current sales, or just wait til Jan 08? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I think Arnotts is staying exactly as it is so no massive clearout sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

Arnotts is moving into where debenhams was in the Jervis centre. I imagine it's gonna fit, because think of how much of current arnotts is just franchises, like River Island and Gap etc. so the bits that are simply just Arnotts, are goin to jervis centre, adn if you want river island, go to river island! :D
    no idea whats going in current arnotts place though...*shrug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

An aquaintance of mine worked there, shes been moved off to Stillorgan or somewhere like that on the ss...they were told its going to be a hotel !!

Cant imagine it myself......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Arnotts is moving into where debenhams was in the Jervis centre. I imagine it's gonna fit, because think of how much of current arnotts is just franchises, like River Island and Gap etc. so the bits that are simply just Arnotts, are goin to jervis centre, adn if you want river island, go to river island! :D
    no idea whats going in current arnotts place though...*shrug*

I worked there about 5 years ago. It's actually huge due to the gigantic stock room which obviously most people wouldn't know exists.

Advertisement