Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting room for workshops by the hour???

• 22-07-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Anyone know a good place to check out about renting a room for one or two hrs per week to hold workshops in? I’m having no luck with google at all…there’s obviously some equivalent of daft for this kind of thing but I can’t find anything!!

Lot’s of stuff from monthly/yearly rent etc and plenty of massive hotel conference rooms for seminars etc but I’m just looking for somewhere central that can fit about 10 chairs maybe a table or two?? Basically I want to book 10/20 hours over 10 weeks for 1 to 2 sessions a week…

This is driving me crazy can anyone point me in the right direction please??

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Call around Hotels in the area or if that fails try a Chinese Massage parlour.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check with local schools if your activity is in the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Bewleys hotels have some pretty cheap rooms, especially the one down at Sandyford.

Failing that, try local parish/church halls, community centres etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

caesura wrote: »
    Anyone know a good place to check out about renting a room for one or two hrs per week to hold workshops in? I’m having no luck with google at all…there’s obviously some equivalent of daft for this kind of thing but I can’t find anything!!

Lot’s of stuff from monthly/yearly rent etc and plenty of massive hotel conference rooms for seminars etc but I’m just looking for somewhere central that can fit about 10 chairs maybe a table or two?? Basically I want to book 10/20 hours over 10 weeks for 1 to 2 sessions a week…

This is driving me crazy can anyone point me in the right direction please??

Thanks a million!

It'd be just super duper if you could direct us as to where you'd like this workshop to take place?

Be prepared for random answers otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Try out house, they have rooms they are willing to let out and it's a good cause.http://www.outhouse.ie/roomcheck.asp
    Outhouse
    105 Capel Street,
    Dublin 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭caesura

connundrum wrote: »
    It'd be just super duper if you could direct us as to where you'd like this workshop to take place?

Be prepared for random answers otherwise.

Sure thing...by central i mean Dublin City Centre area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

hotels are pretty pricey try a community centre or sports hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i think sean said he had a room going fairly cheap on bridge street!

i take it you are talking about Cavan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

It's the summer, I do believe a lot of community schools will host things or do they not do that anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

try local scout den, i know my local scouts rent out their den to lots of people, simple way of fundraising...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

try local scout den, i know my local scouts rent out their den to lots of people

I thought that only happened in Thailand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Where are you based? I know somewhere in Blackrock in Dublin that can be rented out for weekly classes etc. What is it for exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

hussey wrote: »
    I thought that only happened in Thailand.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Community centres.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Try out house, they have rooms they are willing to let out and it's a good cause.http://www.outhouse.ie/roomcheck.asp
    Outhouse
    105 Capel Street,
    Dublin 1

Got the impression from the website that outhouse only rent out space for projects relevant to the gay community - maybe that's not set in stone though? The location would be ideal.
    watna wrote: »
    Where are you based? I know somewhere in Blackrock in Dublin that can be rented out for weekly classes etc. What is it for exactly?

I'd be interested in knowing more about that place in Blackrock...though i'm really looking for somewhere in the city centre as i think it'd be easier for people to find/get to.

I'm gonna be running TEFL based workshops with a cultural induction aspect to them so i'd need to fit up to 10 people in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

caesura wrote: »
    Got the impression from the website that outhouse only rent out space for projects relevant to the gay community - maybe that's not set in stone though? The location would be ideal.

Well get in touch and find out.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Well get in touch and find out.

That's the plan...cheers ;-)

Still not having much luck with this one folks??

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions so far by the way ;)

And if anyone has experience of doing something like this before (booking room for classes/workshops etc) any ideas on the kind of rates expected (do they rent hourly or by the half day?)

Or if any of you have taken part of something workshop/class/meeting that used a room in (or close to) Dublin city centre i'd appreciate it if you could let me know where it was and i'll follow up on it

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Suggestion? Post in the Dublin forum...

Karoma wrote: »
    Suggestion? Post in the Dublin forum...

Good idea gonna copy and paste it there now
    Cheers;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement