Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC > All

Options
  • 22-07-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

Is there a catch? Getting 20meg broadband for the same price as 3meg nearly everywhere else. T'is bloody brilliant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

It is brilliant. I've had it a few weeks now.

No catch I'm aware of. Their customer service is woeful but the broadband is gret.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

throttling/shaping so i've heard.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I've been getting 1.6MB/s on torrents and I found their sales and tech support very helpful. Replacement router's on it's way after mine started emitting some crazy high pitched whining noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Yeah you heard right, i will say this if you can get UPC then get it because nobody else is offering what they have, you would be mad not to get it.

Torrents are working grand for me agian there was a small problem with them for awhile but lately none.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm getting 1mb torrents however I have to restrict the settings otherwise uTorrent crashes my whole computer regularly. Well worth the price for the 20mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Now they're almost as good as Casey Cablesurf (http://www.cablesurf.com/) in Dungarvin. Except that they charge extra fees if you don't take a tv package with them or pay by DD.

Advertisement