Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to buy a bicycle. Any shops recommend?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi

I'm living in Dublin at the moment, and would like to get a cheap bicycle. Just wondering someone can recommend some shops for me. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Hi

I'm living in Dublin at the moment, and would like to get a cheap bicycle. Just wondering someone can recommend some shops for me. Thanks

Jimmy Stagg in Lucan or Joe Daly in dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yeah Joe Daly all the way.

What do you define as "cheap"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Yeah Joe Daly all the way.

What do you define as "cheap"?

wooden frame and wheels perhaps ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Hi

Depends what you mean by 'cheap' ... 300/400euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Don17

TheCycleinn tallaght, off the greenhills road, just outside the village - google it for more directions

Bought my bike off them and they have a lot of second hand stuff as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Joe Daly's is a very good shop but if your cheap is very cheap (under 375 sort of region) you may be better off looking second hand- have to know what to look for then though.

Dawes Discovery hybrids are good "cheap" bikes BTW, and Joe Daly's sell them. I have a Discovery 201 myself and it has been very reliable and not too slow either.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

+1

I traded in an old raleigh racer to purchase a second commuter and they gave me a great deal...i regularly use them to buy parts for my road bike, and get deals also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Fion_McCool

omri wrote: »
    wooden frame and wheels perhaps ? ;)

05.jpg

2521696670103582559S600x600Q85.jpg

Even wooden bicycles have a pretty large price range ! ;)

http://www.blog.thesietch.org/2007/02/19/wooden-bicycles/

http://wheelfanatyk.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Pope%27s%20New%20Bike

Advertisement