Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Educate Together Launch Study - Wednesday 23rd

• 22-07-2008 3:26pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's an open event event, tomorrow evening in Trinity College:

educate-together-secondary.gif

Anybody else interested in going along? If so, please PM and ring the organizers at 01-4292500. The Atrium is just beside the Buttery "pub".

The more the merrier :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

robindch wrote: »
    There's an open event event, tomorrow evening in Trinity College:

educate-together-secondary.gif

Anybody else interested in going along? If so, please PM and ring the organizers at 01-4292500. The Atrium is just beside the Buttery "pub".

The more the merrier :)

What do they mean about a feasibility study? Are they looking to see if there are the numbers, parents interested in sending their children to a ETG secondary school.

I sent to a School Project primary school and I loved it, would strongly recommend it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Wicknight wrote: »
    What do they mean about a feasibility study?
    It seems that the DofE holds that there's no demand for secondary-level ET schools. I'd imagine that the the aim of the feasibility study is to demonstrate that this is not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

We did a short documentary on Educate Together schools in our second year of college. I was very impressed. In one of the bigger common rooms there was a big poster the kids had drawn and on it they had a list of Rights and Responsibilities, things like "I have the right to wear my own clothes" and "I have a responsibility to look after school equipment so others can use it".

Thats when I decided secular humanism was vastly superior to these draconian absurdities we're swamped in.

What would I actually be doing if I went? Is there a talk? We gonna get locked, what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Glad to see this happening. I hope they get the support they're after (I'm not in Dublin today or tomorrow or I'd be there). My daughter is currently in an ET school.

She won't be going to a Catholic High school, no way, no how. This would at least give us some more options when the day arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The CEO (?) of Educate Together was on the Right Hook (Newstalk) at 4.30pm discussing this. Being interviewed by Kevin Myers, of all people!!! :eek:

Zillah wrote: »
    What would I actually be doing if I went? Is there a talk?
    hmmm... I suppose so. Wouldn't be much point in releasing a study if there wasn't somebody there to do the talking. I gather that (Senator) Ivana Bacik's going to be doing the talking.

Not sure about getting locked, but I'd imagine they'll be serving more than water to anybody that shows up :)

Well yes, but the purpose is to garner/measure support, but I'm still not clear on what the event itself is about.

Zillah wrote: »
    Well yes, but the purpose is to garner/measure support, but I'm still not clear on what the event itself is about.
    I imagine that they're going to present the results of the research and thereby, hopefully coax the DofE into doing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

There was an educate together school on the grounds of my secondary school in Drogheda. I'd be interested in going. To you need children or can anyone go?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

theozster wrote: »
    To you need children or can anyone go?

Of course they need children, what do you expect them to sacrifice to their pagan blood god ... whoops, I've said too much :pac:

theozster wrote: »
    To you need children or can anyone go?
    Anybody can go along -- it's an open invitation to anybody who's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

My wife is going to this as she is on a start-up comittee for a ET secondary out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/0723/1216740957104.html
    Educate Together says it has not ruled out co-operation with the VECs or other trustees

how will that be possible

Advertisement