Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First session with hills - rate my route!!

Options
  • 22-07-2008 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Hi all - looking to add some hills to my training and have planned this for later in the week. It looks like the nearest thing to what I want near home (Tramore).

Has anyone any experience of this area? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Haven't been in that area myself on the bike, but I wish you the best of luck with it, and remember its all downhill once you reach the top! :)

72oo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

The Vee is a nice climb. The road surface is a lot better on the Tipperary side so I'd probably go up the Waterford side and down the Tipperary side (although presumably you then have to get back :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

blorg wrote: »
    The Vee is a nice climb.

went up it in the Suir valley 3-day last year, pretty tough climb and suffered a good bit, as the pace was high, but v.good climb to train on.......wil u be doin intervals up it?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

God knows!! Think I'll just get there and try it out first - it is a 'there and back' route so I'll be doing the climb twice... should be enough for the first time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

bwardrop wrote: »
    God knows!! Think I'll just get there and try it out first - it is a 'there and back' route so I'll be doing the climb twice... should be enough for the first time!!

yeah that shuld be enough, you wil notice yourself climbin better and better in no time, but also make sure, if possible to mixed the climbs you climb.......it is better for your fitness

• Advertisement
Advertisement