Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Next Honda S2000 - Hybrid Concept

Options
  • 22-07-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭

Honda just took the wrap off their latest concept hint for the new S2000:

[URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_272820_25.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_272292_25.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_272295_25.jpg[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_272298_25.jpg[/URL]

I like the looks but not sure if I like the full wrap around rear light cluster but obviously certain things may not transform from concept to production. The article does note that the new model will most likely switch to front wheel drive too.

Full article here:
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/225318/wraps_off_next_s2000.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Fugly

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Very sexy looking car if its made!! Nice to see a car like this with the hybrid engine.

That cockpit looks very blue though...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

From the front it kind of reminds me of an R8, the sides reminds me of a civic, the back is just...well..fugly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Looks okay from the front, the rear sure is fugly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

changing a light rwd car with an petrol engine tuned to the max to a heavy fwd hybrid?
    They going to put in connections for a baby seat aswell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Slig wrote: »
    changing a light rwd car with an petrol engine tuned to the max to a heavy fwd hybrid?
    They going to put in connections for a baby seat aswell?
    Aye, the current car is almost perfect in its appearance. I'm not saying it's the best-looking car in the world. I just think, for what it is, they nailed the design spot-on. I'm always torn between it, with its traditional lines and ferrari-esque presence, and the RX-8, with its swagger :)

Hopefully the final car will look somewhat different to this concept.
    And maybe I've been living in the states too long, but I think the rear is the only interesting, niceish part of the car :]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Looks bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Looks bollocks.

+1
    The current car is totally sucessful at avoiding the 'girly' look. Quite an achievement for a small sports car. The looks are spot on - neither effete nor overly aggressive.

This one is more concerned with demonstrating Honda's politically correct environmental credentals:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Balfa wrote: »
    Aye, the current car is almost perfect in its appearance.
    +1

And in 1995 Honda actually turned down a the Honda Argento Vivo Pininfarina concept in favour of their own in-house design. Here's the Pinifarina concept:

dsc-9922-1.jpg

(Little known fact that the EG Civic was also designed by Pininfarina.)

That new concept is yuck. Fortunately in this case Honda don't have a good history of putting concepts into production.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Have to agree on the old model looking better.
    Silly gaping mouth, ala 407.

A step up from the (imo) awful Civic hatch but still not up to much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Honda need to get a hybrid NSX and they are sorted....:cool:

that is ugly as sin, the back anyway.

The NSX-R is untouchable, they should make some more of them, albeit affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,437 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote: »
    [URL="javascript:self.close();"]car_photo_272292_25.jpg[/URL]

The side view is pretty good imho, although they need to get rid of the drug dealer / boy racer rims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

unkel wrote: »
    The side view is pretty good imho,

It almost looks like a porsche.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Ah take all the fun out of it in front wheel drive? Honda please don't do that!!!
    Not sure about the design to be honest, I like the front but the back I'm not so sure about. Think I'll hang on to the old S2000!

Looks a bit like the 6 series BMW...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭EternalSunshine

cozmik wrote: »
    It almost looks like a porsche.

I thought that too. Its a great design. I love the wrap around rear lights.

Whilst the current s2000 is an amazing car with an amazing engine ( redline past 7k) , i always thought the design was a bit bland especially considering the boxster type price of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

If they make it fwd then it won't matter what it looks like 'cos the real enthusiasts won't want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

If they make it fwd then it won't matter what it looks like 'cos the real enthusiasts won't want it.

At the end of they day, if honda have done their research they will have to realise the hairdresser c/c market is much bigger than the enthusiast one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

At the end of they day, if honda have done their research they will have to realise the hairdresser c/c market is much bigger than the enthusiast one.

True, but then again the hairdresser c/c market also find it surprisingly difficult to see much past the badge. Maybe it's their eyesight, I dunno... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Integra Type R is fwd and still considered to be a great driver's car so an S2K with fwd may not be a bad thing if developed properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Very true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Made In Ireland

Peugeot 307 Convertible

car_photo_272292_25.jpg

Next Honda 2000

mcconnell88008648d627e5-0cca-447d-8f03-b93eae6d8696_medium.jpg

Horrible, the pair of em.

Advertisement