Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

discussion of airsoft adverts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Indeed. Wise words Roundy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Instead of making up your own rules guys, try sticking to the ones we (collectively, as those tasked with the thankless task of keeping order) so thoughtfully provide.

Threadspoiling will not be tolerated. End of. I cba saying why for the hundredth time.

From your rules,

"If someone is way off the mark with an Asking price (and we mean WAY off), post a link to the current available price (like-for-like VAT and postage must be commented on)."

So if somebody was trying to sell something secondhand over cost price new(profiteering) tigger would not be allowed to post it up. Especially in Airsoft where level of use can severely effect a guns value due to the mechanical nature of the devices, similar to cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

o1s1n wrote: »
    It was feedback about a forum. Therefore should have been posted in the appropriate section. I don't care if you wanted an 'in house' discussion. It had no place there.

so you close the thread and tell me to take it to feedback
    i don't see why you moved it here it was a question as i pointed out before

also who did i accuse of ripping someone off

• Registered Users Posts: 34,960 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Tigger wrote: »
    so you close the thread and tell me to take it to feedback
    i don't see why you moved it here it was a question as i pointed out before

Okay I have a feeling we're going to be going around and around in circles with this one, so I will say it one more time -

It was feedback about a forum. Therefore I sent it to feedback. This is what you do with feedback. If you post feedback about a forum in a forum, then you'd better be willing to see it sent to feedback.

If you don't want this to happen, the you pm a moderator with the suggestion. It's that simple.

Also, I don't understand why you have such a problem with it being discussed somewhere other than airsoft? Any threads I've seen posted here in a well mannered and put together way are treated with respect. There was also a redirect to this thread left in airsoft. So if anyone from the forum wanted to contribute, they could follow it. - which is what happened.
    also who did i accuse of ripping someone off

See here for example -
    one of my fave airsoft toys is being sold at the moment

no way on earth i'd pay whats being asked tho

i reckon that second hand even nearly new like in car showrooms is not wofth any more than 75% of new

yet i see stuff going for 120% of what irish retailers would expect

so again im asking for athread thread in the main forum

This type of comment is another reason why the thread was moved to feedback. It had no place being posted in airsoft.

Just picture it, someone posts something in adverts for a price you have a problem with. You make a thread about it in airsoft. They see this thread. What do you think is going to happen? Well mannered debate?

No. They're going to tell you to mind your own business. (In a much less polite way)

As RoundyMooney has said, the adverts rules are there for a reason. Because they work. Therefore that is how they are going to stay. End of.

Actually, after reading back over this thread once again, you really didn't handle yourself very well. The moment you bring magic the gather cards and Bubbles into the equation, the thread is doomed. Might want to resist doing this in future.

oisin

do what you want say what you want its getting beyond a joke.

it wasn't feedback, as ha been put we are more than an online community in airsoft we know each other in real life and we meet up regularly in real life.

because of this real life aspect things matter more; as such i put forward the idea to the boards airsoft community my opinion

i accused no individual of ripping someone off if you can figure out who was selling second hand for more than the new price then it proves my point

i have no idea why pointing out tat mtg had issue as a new game/hobby that people now feel there were unscrupious practises in the trading of at the beginning of should be a thread ender. the bubbles card was doubly funny as he both playfully rippoed people off and it was a card spawned from mtg

i have only had 2 infractions on boards one from you for pointing out that a particular aeg most likley was , in my opinion , in an illegal state, because i've seen over and over how upset new plkayers are when they realise they were sold a pup

and one for daring to bring up negative issues about the iaa which you were either the chairman of at the time or had just stopped being chairman of (btw is there ever gonna be a vote for the new chair) after that and any thread about the iaa was locked

the iaa has stickies in the airsoft forum yet we are not allowed discuss them at all
    i started a thread asking if the iaa was even running anymore and what happens ; its locked "because of people trolling " surley if people are trolling they should be asked/told/,made to stop

i would love to start a thread asking how many are planning on joining the iaa and how many have paid membership so far but even tho it is not against the charter i bet it'll be locked

prove me wrong

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

oisin

do what you want say what you want its getting beyond a joke.

it wasn't feedback, as ha been put we are more than an online community in airsoft we know each other in real life and we meet up regularly in real life.

because of this real life aspect things matter more; as such i put forward the idea to the boards airsoft community my opinion

i accused no individual of ripping someone off if you can figure out who was selling second hand for more than the new price then it proves my point

i have no idea why pointing out tat mtg had issue as a new game/hobby that people now feel there were unscrupious practises in the trading of at the beginning of should be a thread ender. the bubbles card was doubly funny as he both playfully rippoed people off and it was a card spawned from mtg

To be honest I really don't know what you're trying to say any more. You seem to be trying to argue this point just for the sake of it. I have explained why I moved it to feedback.
    i have only had 2 infractions on boards one from you for pointing out that a particular aeg most likley was , in my opinion , in an illegal state, because i've seen over and over how upset new plkayers are when they realise they were sold a pup

You stuck your oar in on an item you didn't want and thread spoiled rather than going about it the right way. You were lucky you only got an infraction for that.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55447700&postcount=31

Kdouglas gave you that second infraction. Not me. For this post -

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55228749&postcount=10

the iaa has stickies in the airsoft forum yet we are not allowed discuss them at all

If you're not allowed to discuss them, why did you just start this new thread? Are you trying to troll now?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055341844

To be honest I really don't know what you're trying to say any more. You seem to be trying to argue this point just for the sake of it. I have explained why I moved it to feedback.

You stuck your oar in on an item you didn't want and thread spoiled rather than going about it the right way. You were lucky you only got an infraction for that.

i did want it but not when it was over the limit

i got a ban for it btw

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55447700&postcount=31

Kdouglas gave you that second infraction. Not me. For this post -

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55228749&postcount=10

If you're not allowed to discuss them, why did you just start this new thread? Are you trying to troll now?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055341844
    not allowd to dosent mean we are not permitted to

no i am not trying to troll here or ever

thats a bit ignorant if you as me
    i don't like how you run things so i'm a troll

i know kd gave me the other infraction why not show the thread insteat of a single post
    same as here where you are selectivally quoting and then calling me names

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

not allowd to dosent mean we are not permitted to

I'm reasonably pedantic at the best of times, but I believe that 'Not allowed' carries the same meaning as 'Not permitted'. Or, 'allowed' and 'permitted' are interchangeable in this situation.
    thats a bit ignorant if you as me
    i don't like how you run things so i'm a troll

i know kd gave me the other infraction why not show the thread insteat of a single post

The airsoft forums generally require 'Big stick' moderation to keep it all clean and reasonable. And you've been treated with kid gloves by the moderators, particularly since o1s1n is the least likely to take the big stick to you. You're really asking for more than an infraction.

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I'm reasonably pedantic at the best of times, but I believe that 'Not allowed' carries the same meaning as 'Not permitted'. Or, 'allowed' and 'permitted' are interchangeable in this situation.

The airsoft forums generally require 'Big stick' moderation to keep it all clean and reasonable. And you've been treated with kid gloves by the moderators, particularly since o1s1n is the least likely to take the big stick to you. You're really asking for more than an infraction.

for what

for not toeing the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The airsoft forums generally require 'Big stick' moderation to keep it all clean and reasonable.

Really? You have all these airsoft guns around and you want to moderate with a stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

The new improved ban hammer:

The_Big_Gun.jpg

mind you dont drop it in the mud when you are pratizing yer foot lift skilz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

oh................. burn :p

Master of the Universe

You said you weren't allowed discuss the IAA.

You then post a new IAA thread in airsoft.

So, you either -

Are allowed discuss the IAA and were originally talking bull (And also bringing in an issue that has absolutely NOTHING to do with adverts threads just to inflame the argument)

or

Aren't allowed discuss the IAA and broke the forum rules by creating a new thread about that subject.

I'm not selectively quoting you. I'm trying to show you how hard it is to reason with somebody who is all over the place with his argument.

Tigger, can we just call this a day now? It's really getting us nowhere. The adverts rules won't be changed. As I said before, if you or anyone feels strongly about a price, contact the moderators immediately and it will be reviewed.

Plus your IAA thread is currently still open. Happy days.
    particularly since o1s1n is the least likely to take the big stick to you.

When did I become the soft one?! :(

You said you weren't allowed discuss the IAA.

i haven't been able to discuss the iaa on the forum
    the iaa thread i started poreviously was locked this is what i mean by allowed
    i didn't enter any of the threads where flaming went on
    this is also what i ment by allowed
    i also stated that its not against the charter and that technically i should be allowed, its hard to express onesself sometimes in text what seems clear to me might seem muddied to you

Tigger, can we just call this a day now? It's really getting us nowhere. The adverts rules won't be changed. As I said before, if you or anyone feels strongly about a price, contact the moderators immediately and it will be reviewed.

i never wanted to go to feedback with this you put it here so i fight my corner (metaphorically and with good grace) however i do understand now from the explinations given that in the general and so in the spefic feedbck on prices and products etc in adverts.ie needs to be strictly controlled

thank you for your time and courtesy

Plus your IAA thread is currently still open. Happy days.

yup a full and frank discussion with no flaming
    kds strict hand seems to be keeping them under wraps

Advertisement