Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband rathmines

Options
  • 22-07-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just moved to leinster road rathmines and NTL broadband doesnt seem to be available.

Whats the best broadband I could get here in terms of price and quality of connection?

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Are you a heavy downloader. If so, you would be good with IBB breeze, metro, or UTV. if you can get smart ignore the rest of my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

I'd download about 4 to 8 gigs a month in media I would think.
    Is this considered heavy???
    So you mean smart is about the best of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Yes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

colman1212 wrote: »
    I'd download about 4 to 8 gigs a month in media I would think.
    Is this considered heavy???
    So you mean smart is about the best of them?

I wouldnt think so but it depends on your ISP. my current usage for the past 30 days is 63GB :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

You'll be waiting a while for NTL. Nowhere in Rathmines has broadband off NTL and it's not hard to see why when you look at the state of their cables round there.

Smart's not in Rathmines. BT LLU's not in Rathmines.

Your best bet is between Digiweb and IBB. I'm not sure which would be better, as both are heavily subscribed in the area. Digiweb have the higher top speeds and might have the edge for better contention in the evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

Was viewing in leinster rd today, and it had broadband wi-fi, not sure what company had it though....but it is there

Advertisement