Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online wrestling game

• 22-07-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w=390451

This looks interesting, seems to be a "championship manager" type game for wrestling, seen it in a banner on Evan Bourne's WWE page.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

What does this have over TEW 2008?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rovert wrote: »

Whats that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It's free?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    It's free?

Here in lies the difference between you and me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

How do you get it free Rovert? I am still playing EWR but have no way of paying for TEW so am stuck with EWR. Starting up a new game of EWR actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

rovert wrote: »

It's free, you can interact with other players, and it can be used on Macs. Looks a bit easier for new players too, kind of something that would pass the time but you don't have to get too wrapped up in it

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    How do you get it free Rovert? I am still playing EWR but have no way of paying for TEW so am stuck with EWR. Starting up a new game of EWR actually.

I paid for TEW there is NO WAY to pirate it. I like TEW a lot but much like Championship Manager it has become to over modded and it takes AGES to setup up a match.

EDIT: Get a 3V Card Reganio 2 it is great for buying stuff off the net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah that's what I thought their is no way to get it without paying, good system they have. One of my mates got TEW and said its brilliant and well worth it. So you don't like it? Or is it that its just a pain at times?

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I thought their is no way to get it without paying, good system they have. One of my mates got TEW and said its brilliant and well worth it. So you don't like it? Or is it that its just a pain at times?

It just takes ages to book a card as you have to select the match type, wrestlers involved, the stipulations (if any), match length, who wins, instructions to each wrestler about how the match will go. Then do it all over again. :eek:

Every other aspect is great and the scenarios people create on their message board gives me tears of joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I have EWR and thought it was fun but then I realised it takes around 10 minutes to set up a decent sized TV card a week, and assuming you want two TV shows when you are near the top it is just too much time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Link for TEW 2008? I'm incredibly lazy.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I have EWR and thought it was fun but then I realised it takes around 10 minutes to set up a decent sized TV card a week, and assuming you want two TV shows when you are near the top it is just too much time

Booking current day WWE in the game would make you top yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

DRakE wrote: »
    Link for TEW 2008? I'm incredibly lazy.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/home.php

Clicked into it. Made a profile. Got confused. Got bored. Left.

Not a whole lot of fun these games. Im still trying to figure out how to play actual games online :(

I bought Age Of Empires II a few months ago... still can't figure out how to play it online :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

just playing the TEW demo.. it took me FOREVER to finish my first show..

think i'm done with it now :(

Advertisement