Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking to import Audi A6 1.9

Options
  • 22-07-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey everyone,

I would like to know if anyone knows of any good car supermarkets or any decent car websites where I can find an Audi A6 diesel 1.9 tdi 98 - 02. Not too pushed on price as I'm more concerned with spec. All Irish Audi's are very low spec and with new VRT laws I can bring in something high spec and reap the benefits!! Woop woop!!

Any ideas much appreciated.

P.S. Is autotrader dot co dot uk gone now? It seems to only be a northern irish site now.... hmmm

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You should be concerned on price as the 1.9tdi is not great on emissions (VRT depends on these) and is basically pretty unrefined comparatively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

The best spec ones will be with audi.co.uk, but also the most expensive.

You could try...

Cargiant.co.uk
    arnoldclark.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

You should be concerned on price as the 1.9tdi is not great on emissions (VRT depends on these) and is basically pretty unrefined comparatively.
    It is very good for emissions.

If you want spec for the same money then get a highline Passat. You should find ones with 6 cd changers, climate control, leather seats.
    It will be a bit quicker and more effiecient as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hogeybear

It is very good for emissions.

If you want spec for the same money then get a highline Passat. You should find ones with 6 cd changers, climate control, leather seats.
    It will be a bit quicker and more effiecient as well.

I agree. It's very good on emmissions. I like the Passat but since driving the A6 I've fallen in love.

Thanks for all ye're help

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bearback

Just bought a 2005 A4 2.0 TDI from www.audivwsales.co.uk. I found them very good and got a cracking car with great spec. Just a note of warning re VRT, Revenue uses the chassis no. and checks with Audi Ireland for a full list of extras fitted. This will add to the figure from VRT calculator as this is based on the standard model with no extras fitted. I got hit with an extra €700 due to leather seats, satnav etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement