Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza stereo - aux input

Options
  • 22-07-2008 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

Hello lovely motors forum people :)

I just got myself a creative zen, and I want to use it in the car. I'm sure since the stereo (standard model factory fit) in the Ibiza has a 6 CD changer button but we don't have the actual CD changer, there's going to be an input for it on the back of the unit that I can use with a jack lead for the mp3 player.

My question is, it looks like I need these key thingies to get the stereo out and I'm wondering if there's a car audio place that would do it for me to save me the hassle, but how much would it cost? Anyone have any ideas, or know anywhere that'd do it?

I don't want to use one of those silly fm transmitter ipod things either :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

You can cut up a credit card either, if that doesnt work for ya just pop into a seat dealer and ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

What year is the ibiza, i know the model up to 2002 had a lcd display built into dash which is difficult to remove

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

It's a 2006 - it's a fairly regular sized stereo unit, not one of those big panel ones.

I looked up the credit card trick but couldn't find instructions beyond 'cut one side into a point' but I may just give the dealership a shout and see what they can do...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I'm sure any seat dealer wont begrudge giving you a couple of those little strips of metal free tbh, or remove it for you anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I'm sure any seat dealer wont begrudge giving you a couple of those little strips of metal free tbh, or remove it for you anyway

Halfords have loads of them lying around , they gave my friend a couple for free as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement