Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100% Overclock club !

• 22-07-2008 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

So, got home form work and decided to see how far this 2140 will go. all voltages at standard ram timings at standard, just upped the fsb to 333.

Nice and simple 1ghz increase. Temps are still low 24ish idle and mid 30's on load.

5klc0j2wtv7irbywfs1t.jpg

Need to do soem more reading up to see if this chip will go to 3.2ghz or more but 3ghz is meant to be easy with a few small voltage tweaks.

I think this is the first cpu ive had since my opty 180 at 3.6ghz thats able to go 100% overclock, granted that opty was on water with a dfi board.

Anyone fancy joining in ?

And as a incentive ill throw a matrix orbital to the person that hits the highest overlcock. Only rule is no ln2 or dice... sorry ;)

Might be a good way to kick off the irish overclocking team too !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I can hit 4.3 GHZ with my qx9650 its never been pushed to the limit .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

or 4.4GHZ with an E8500:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

pics or gtfo lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

without ln2 , dice , phase only the cheaper chips will give you a 100% overclock.

Anti wrote: »
    pics or gtfo lads :)

Never got a scren grab of the chip @ 4.4GHZ...but this one just under 4.3GHZ.:o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55618132&postcount=302

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Don't see my Q6600 going to 4.8ghz :D

I might see what the E2160 in my server can do when my IFX-14 arrives ;)

awhir wrote: »
    without ln2 , dice only the cheaper chips will give you a 100% overclock.

No one here can get them for personal use anyway. But sure, add them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

No one here can get them for personal use anyway. But sure, add them in.

oops forgot to mention phase :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Nforce wrote: »
    Never got a scren grab of the chip @ 4.4GHZ...but this one just under 4.3GHZ.:o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55618132&postcount=302

eh... guys... a 100% overclock is when you double the stock Ghz. So your E8500 would need a tube of LN2 and a bit of luck to hit 3x2= 6Ghz. :D

AS for my own entry... old skool FTW.

130233.png

BTW... that was stable at that too!!

riptide wrote: »
    eh... guys... a 100% overclock is when you double the stock Ghz. So your E8500 would need a tube of LN2 and a bit of luck to hit 3x2= 6Ghz. :D

AS for my own entry... old skool FTW.

130233.png

BTW... that was stable at that too!!

Yep....but as is mentioned here already....a 100% overclock is nigh on impossible for the higher rated chips (at least on air and water it is). :)

• Advertisement

Just been doing some reading on XS and my cpu should hit 3.2/3.4 with ease. Will boot into 400x8 tonight to get 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

Where are the screenshots of 100%? :D

Some from me...
    capture1nz7.jpg
    capture2iz0.jpg
    capture3kp1.jpg
    capture4xv6.jpg

Come on guys...where is the Irish OC team????

Damn you and your phase :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Stock cooler, up .20 volts

E2160 @ 3.05ghz

mmk36huam3rjssok8xan.jpg

Temps are great for stock fan, going to try 400fsb now for 100%.

New scythe ziapang cooler next week, should do it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Any way to control cpu fan speed from the bios on Evga 680i with 3 pin stock fan?

I know you can do it with 4 pin, but cant find the option with 3 pin, no software I have will let me set the fan speed at 100% and run at that speed on boot screen.

If I can get fan speed to 100% from the off, it will hit 3.60ghz on stock fan with some voltage.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    Any way to control cpu fan speed from the bios on Evga 680i with 3 pin stock fan?

I know you can do it with 4 pin, but cant find the option with 3 pin, no software I have will let me set the fan speed at 100% and run at that speed on boot screen.

If I can get fan speed to 100% from the off, it will hit 3.60ghz on stock fan with some voltage.

Just plug it into a normal fan header and disable the warning message, or wire it to a molex connector

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭micosavo

Did one of those pictures on the last page actually say over 6ghz? on a P4?

:O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Yes ^^

I have the ziapang myself. Its only ever at about 50% speed, even at 100% its sill stilent. Im gonna go for +100% overclock tonight. See if i can hit the magic 465mhz fsb !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I have the ziapang myself. Its only ever at about 50% speed, even at 100% its sill stilent. Im gonna go for +100% overclock tonight. See if i can hit the magic 465mhz fsb !

So is it a fast chip ?
    What made you go for it ?

Im prob going to get something my self in the coming months but to be honest this kind of chip is not something i would go for. Even with the high over clock they can do.

Maybe i just have more money then sense :)

• Advertisement

I only got it as it was 40€. I had a E6600 and Q6600 at the time but i never used them to their full potential. Have put the E6600 in my htpc now and sold on the Q6600.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good to see it being put to good use. ;)

I sort of wish now I'd kept that and sold my quad...it's 100% wasted as it is, I don't use anything that even utilizes a quad, never did. No idea why I even bought it...

Good to see it being put to good use. ;)

I sort of wish now I'd kept that and sold my quad...it's 100% wasted as it is, I don't use anything that even utilizes a quad, never did. No idea why I even bought it...

Same here, really is no need for them at all really. Ill sell it back to you for 80€ ;)

Advertisement