Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermot Ahern email

Options
  • 22-07-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Folks any of you who emailed Mr. D. Ahern over the new changes he mentioned over handgun law changes here might of noticed the lack of a responce.

I rand his office in dundalk last week and have recieved a call back today. Seems the email address is down/wrong? As he said he never recieved anything.

I was told to forward any emails to this address:

anmccabe@justice.ie

So send away;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thanks chem, re sent there. Also I think that's a bit of a lie on their part considering i got this back the other day
    Dear Mr. (my name here),

The Taoiseach, Mr. Brian Cowen T.D., has asked me to acknowledge receipt of your e-mail of 11 July, 2008 which has been referred to the office of the Minister for Justice, Equality & Law Reform, Mr. Dermot Ahern T.D., for attention and direct reply to you.

Yours sincerely,

yadda yadda yada

So if the Taoiseach's office couldn't pass on the info to Ahern's office correctly then I'm very worried, not just about the firearms laws but the running of the country in general :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Vegeta wrote: »
    Thanks chem, re sent there. Also I think that's a bit of a lie on their part considering i got this back the other day

So if the Taoiseach's office couldn't pass on the info to Ahern's office correctly then I'm very worried, not just about the firearms laws but the running of the country in general :p

Vegeta I sent my 1st letter to this address dermot@dermotahern.ie which is the one on Dermots website www.dermotahern.ie and this is the one they say is incorrect/broke:rolleyes:

Hope to hear somrthing back tomorrow or the day after. Will keep yiz posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

chem wrote: »
    Vegeta I sent my 1st letter to this address dermot@dermotahern.ie which is the one on Dermots website www.dermotahern.ie and this is the one they say is incorrect/broke:rolleyes:

Hope to hear somrthing back tomorrow or the day after. Will keep yiz posted!

That's the one I sent to also. Will re-send to address above ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I'll have to resend mine as well so.

In the meantime the Minister could be pleased to know that the NARGC held it's annual sporting clays championship in Ardee last weekend. Meath won the inter county competition by the way.

Got a reply today that it will be brought to Ministers attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Remember, when the replies come if they're signed by a civil servant the Minister hasn't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

you be better off meeting the minister in person. you can book an apointment to meet

patbundy wrote: »
    ..........you can book an apointment to meet

Sure he can ring me and I'll see if I'm free :pac:

ha ha ha true bunny;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

patbundy wrote: »
    you be better off meeting the minister in person. you can book an apointment to meet

well that would be some trick:eek: ANS yes sir your appointment is for
    25/12/2025 at 12midnight sir:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

you never know steve

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Try it and complain about problems; or don't try and quit griping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

There would be a different approach if his constituents write in, or if non-constituents write to their local FF TD to get a reply.

Those replies usually pass through the Minister's hands. Randomers get passed off to the civil servants.

Advertisement