Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody know what this is?

• 22-07-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

This is (from memory) a song that we sang in a school play about 15 years ago. I remember the lyrics to it as "Rocky Land", but there is no mention of it on google - So I'd imagine they were custom lyrics for our play. It's annoying me trying to figure out what it is, so if anyone knows what it is, I'd be greatful.

I recorded it quickly from memory on keyboard so you can get an idea of it.

You can listen here: http://www.supload.com/music/John-Rocky-Land-ringtone-download-VTWT4AKZERGT.html

Thanks,
    John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

There's a song called "Rocky's Land" that appears on the "Tribe of One" album recorded by Arlette. You can listen to a sample here. It could perhaps be a much faster version of the tune you recorded, but you'll need to listen to it to make sure.

The other thought I had was that "Rocky Land" could be a mishearing of "Rock Island Line", the famous blues song recorded extensively (the version by Lonnie Donegan was a chart topper in Britain 50 years ago, and is on YouTube). But the tune to Rock Island Line doesn't sound like your one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'll check it out when I get home, no sound here in work. Thanks :)

Advertisement