Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Powwr Steering Problem

Options
  • 22-07-2008 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I have a Peugeot 406 Coupe 2003 and i'm having a problem with the power steering.

When I have the engine running and turn the steering wheel I can hear a growling sometimes squeeky noise.

Opened the bonnet and under the power steering fluid resevoir on the left side there appears to be a leak as I can see some fluid around.

Anybody have this problem and any idea how much, ballpark, it costs to get this fixed?

Tks. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Is fluid gathering on the o/s/f valence? If it is then it is most likely the LP pipe to the pump that is leaking and is dripping back down the pipe to the valence. If this is the case, then you might get away with fitting a new hoseclip.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Tks for the reply. I don't have the technical terms but it looks to me that its the hose coming out of the power steering resevoir under he bonnet where it's leaking from.

I filled the power steering resevoir this evening and the whining stopped but it's probably gonna leak away again.

Steering is fine so the problem is probably just isolated to this place.

Any other advice appreciated.

Advertisement