Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card terms on BoI Business Account

Options
  • 22-07-2008 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I am in the process of opening a Business Account, and am considering BoI, which gives me a current account free for 2 years of charges, plus chequebook, plus credit card (plus other extras not relevant to this discussion). It was explained to me that the credit terms on the credit card are as follows:
    o repayment is via direct debit out of my business current account
    o the direct debit will come out ~5-6 days after my monthly statement being issued

- this will give me approx. 6(min) to 36(max) days of credit, depending on when in the monthly cycle that I put purchases on the credit card.

Has anyone successfully agrued for longer credit terms on their credit card? I am trying to exercise good financial management by maximising my debtors days, and want to be prepared for when I go back to the bank...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

If you are only making a small percentage of the outstanding amount for the monthly repayments it won't matter too much, so you could go like direct debit for 25% of balance and make payments as you are able throughout the month to reduce the balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

jerryob wrote: »
    I am in the process of opening a Business Account, and am considering BoI, which gives me a current account free for 2 years of charges, plus chequebook, plus credit card (plus other extras not relevant to this discussion). It was explained to me that the credit terms on the credit card are as follows:
    o repayment is via direct debit out of my business current account
    o the direct debit will come out ~5-6 days after my monthly statement being issued

- this will give me approx. 6(min) to 36(max) days of credit, depending on when in the monthly cycle that I put purchases on the credit card.

Has anyone successfully agrued for longer credit terms on their credit card? I am trying to exercise good financial management by maximising my debtors days, and want to be prepared for when I go back to the bank...
    You could try push for longer but with a new business its doubtful and also with a new business expect most supliers to reguirement up front payment.

Advertisement