Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of the dead skull. Where?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I want to get a day of the dead skull tattoo. It'll be my first. Probably not technically the most difficult tattoo in the world, but I really want sharp colour, and someone who can come up with something original from a few ideas I have. Anyone got any ideas of who might be the best person to do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

had to google it... but think justin in zulu could be the guy you wana talk to, you should check him/his stuff out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dublinminx

Thanks for that, I will check him out.

Just to give an idea of the sort of thing I'm looking for.
    http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A80317/high/no92-sugar-skull.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

I like it.

Can i ask why you decided on that design ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This and the other Sugar Skull topic in the past just keep tempting me to get a "Grim Fandango" tattoo... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

This and the other Sugar Skull topic in the past just keep tempting me to get a "Grim Fandango" tattoo... :D

Not many people will know what you are tlaking about there Damo, link em a vid clip of KILLFACE!! \o/ :pac:

edit: I've some free time

11121__sunday_l.jpg

ooh! how did i not think of it before! you want colourful, darren in colourworks is another great bet. colour's the dude's speciality, and he's a nice, down to earth bloke too :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Manny Calavera was the first person I thought of! :pac:

I want the day of the dead skull as a memorial tattoo.
    I have very specific ideas re colour/design etc, the pic I posted is just an example of the type of thing. Thanks for all the suggestions.

you posted a pic of it? didnt show up for me :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Post #4 has a link in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Will wrote: »
    Not many people will know what you are tlaking about there Damo, link em a vid clip of KILLFACE!! \o/ :pac:

edit: I've some free time

11121__sunday_l.jpg
    Not many Will's know what I'm talking about either, but Fey does! \o/

Grim Fandango was a Lucasarts computer game, set in the land of the dead, styled as a cross of the Mexican "Day of the dead" celebrations, Art Deco and Film Noir.

The characters are based on "Calaveras", which are closely related to the sugar skulls, and are also used in Dia de los Muertos celebrations.

Plus Manny Calavera is just a cool character :D
    manny_calavera_200_130341a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

I knew what you where talking about Damo heehee. Ah those where the day's.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What a game.

Advertisement