Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound from PS3 to surround sound

• 22-07-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

I just got a new Panny TH-42PY80EY (Full HD) and my next step is to get a blu-ray player and improved surround sound system. I currently have the Panasonic SA-MT1 as my DVD home cinema system.

My question is - if I buy a PS3 as my blu-ray player (profile 2), can I connect this into my current (4 year old) surround system? Will this work (even if not perfect)? As soon as I can afford a better amp and speakers I will upgrade but if my current system will work I would be happy for now. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

If the SA-MT1 has optical-in, then you can connect using that and it'sll be fine.

If it has stereo-in then you can connect the PS3 that way, but you won't benefit from full digital surround, the SA-MT1 may process the stereo an do Dolby Prologic - you could check the manual for details.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭carrollf

Thanks,

Does the HDMI from the PS3 support deep-colour (version 1.3)?

also...

Can anyone tell me exactly what cable I need to connect my PS3 to my oldish surround sound system that only has a stereo input? Is there a stereo output from the PS3? My current surround sound system has no optical in unfortunately but I need to somehow get sound through it from my PS3 (for blu-ray movies) and regular TV watching. Thanks

So my Panny arrived today and I rigged it all up. Looks amazing. The problem is that there does not seem to be any sound going through my scart connection to the surround player. I have connected SCART 2 from the TV to the scart on the surround unit. This worked fine with my previous LG HD tv.

What settings do I need to play with to get the audio from the TV sent out via SCART 2? Thanks

Advertisement