Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TDF Stage 16- Spoilers

Options
  • 22-07-2008 6:14pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not as good a stage as I'd hoped for at all, here are some random thoughts:

I think this was mainly because the CSC lads new that if they dropped Evans on the Bonette he'd have little trouble catching Schleck on descent.

Your heart had to go out to John-Lee Augustyn when he went over the edge on the descent.

Cunego is usless. He can't hand onto a group with the likes of Popovych and Hincape?

Fair play to Kirchen, he's tough as nails.

What in the jaysus was Menchov at on the descent to lose 30 seconds?

I love the fact that Seán Kelly barely hides his contempt for riders who can't descend, the man was a lunatic himself and would have loved that finish today I reckon.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Your heart had to go out to John-Lee Augustyn when he went over the edge on the descent.

Poor lad. Awful seeing him trying to scramble up the hill and then having to wait for a bike. The Barlo team managment must be gutted at how their tour has gone....

Agree re stage - tomorrow however WILL be a different ball game!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I can't wait for tomorrow, I am off work as luck would have it.

I'll be sitting in fron of the telly as soon as Eurosports coverage starts.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

I can't wait for tomorrow

same here, bring it on......
    I'll be sitting in fron of the telly as soon as Eurosports coverage starts.

lucky you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

I love the fact that Seán Kelly barely hides his contempt for riders who can't descend, the man was a lunatic himself and would have loved that finish today I reckon.

Correction is a lunatic still on descents..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Watched todays stage from the Col de la Bonette. Got a few pics. Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

good to see andy take over the white jersey today. he did a pile of work on the front of the yellow jersey group today. i reckon he'll be asked to bury himself tomorrow to try to put some time into cadel.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Diarmuid wrote: »

Lucky bastard. :)

Great pics

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Ya lucky git!!! Great pics - love the Wegmann one - also the one with the Milram lad looking right into your lens!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i. hate. you.

not really. i'm just very jealous. great pics. are ya gonna be on l'alpe tomorrow? if so then i really do hate you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

If anyone is watching the Alp Deuz stage today can they post on here when they are starting the climb. Wont be finished till four and home for 4.30. Hoping the catch some of it. Do you think I will???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Interesting stage yesterday and spectacular scenery to boot. Menchov really slipped up losing 30 seconds on the descent. He could really regret that come the time trial. Big loser of course was Vande Velde. Was only 30 seconds down on the leaders at the top of the Bonnette, then crash on the descent and lost another two minutes. He had a great chance for a podium until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

dedon wrote: »
    If anyone is watching the Alp Deuz stage today can they post on here when they are starting the climb. Wont be finished till four and home for 4.30. Hoping the catch some of it. Do you think I will???

It'll be over by 4.30 I'd say mate

Advertisement