Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Chess League **** With Fixture list ****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Dave147 1-0 Catch22ie

GG, was very close.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Round 9: ZorbaTehZ 0 v 1 BossArky

Good game.

BossArky wrote: »
    Darn, I was just about to make a move there. Sorry for the delay - I was in New Orleans for the weekend.

Let me know when you are free for the rematch.

No prob, wouldn't have skulled it except I was bored at work! Anyway you had given away a bishop so its an advantage for you that we start again. Good luck! Hope you enjoyed New Orleans btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

My computer died yesterday so I won't be able to make more than 1 move a day and won't be on at all on the weekend. Chess will also need another mod until I get it fixed or a new PC. Pherekydes is needless to say the obvious choice assuming he wants to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭falloffgirl

Hey

I'm free for another game from someone... just challenge me. Probably be taking my time with games now I'm back in college. Will try and keep up better than I have been doing.

Sorry for neglecting our game so often pherekydes! Should get down to business now and make a come back (ha). :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Bubs101 wrote: »
    My computer died yesterday so I won't be able to make more than 1 move a day and won't be on at all on the weekend. Chess will also need another mod until I get it fixed or a new PC. Pherekydes is needless to say the obvious choice assuming he wants to do it

Sorry to hear that. My printer died tonight and I need it badly for college. :(
    Regarding the modship, I'm trying to cut back on my time on boards. :rolleyes: I'll help out if needed, but there are, perhaps, others who might like to get involved. Maybe roundtower?

Sorry for neglecting our game so often pherekydes! Should get down to business now and make a come back (ha). :)

No problems. I hate skulling games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Indeed I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

TirEoghain is still playing but he is moving very infrequently, started my game with him August 13th and still playing it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

rashers -bt- BroxiBearEire. Round 20

Thank you for a good game BBE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Your welcome mate enjoyed the bame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

I've trawled through all 450 posts and found 10 results for you, including nummnutts' one. I did have one result duplicated. I'd be surprised if that's the only mistake I made.
    Aha ok, i'll try and find the games i missed in my archive folder. Cheers for the table!

I can do a few more games if people wish to challenge me. Otherwise i'm generally trying to keep about 2 boards games on the go minimum. (had over 140 games on the go a few weeks ago, not doing that again :p )

Does anyone know if RobBurke is still in? I have a game in progress with him and now getting the skull. I see in other games his last moves were in August.

I don't like claiming a win on time default, but how long more should I wait?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

The Scientist v BossArky
    gg mate

gg there.

I've got 2 free spaces and stuck at an airport due to storms. If anyone wants a game (in the league) and can make loads of moves in the next two hours then challenge me.

Round 19 BossArky 0-1 Dave147

GG mate, bet you thought you were going to win after I sac'ed my two rooks! The mate was unstoppable as long as you took the second rook :)

Dave147 wrote: »
    No prob, wouldn't have skulled it except I was bored at work! Anyway you had given away a bishop so its an advantage for you that we start again. Good luck! Hope you enjoyed New Orleans btw

Dave147 1 - 0 BossArky

Damn! I was too aggressive in the rematch with my queen and left the back door open! GG :pac:

GG mate, bet you thought you were going to win after I sac'ed my two rooks! The mate was unstoppable as long as you took the second rook :)

I looked at the remaining pieces and thought I would be strong enough to keep going. Really should have looked forward in terms of moves rather than man power. Those undeveloped pawns on the left were my downfall!

I'm playing some serious rubbish in this tournament :P

I looked at the remaining pieces and thought I would be strong enough to keep going. Really should have looked forward in terms of moves rather than man power. Those undeveloped pawns on the left were my downfall!

I'm playing some serious rubbish in this tournament :P

Yeah, well most people would have fallen for the trap, you didn't wonder why I pinned your knight instead of protecting my rook because you were greedy and saw a chance to take both rooks! :P With your pawn structure and the position of my knight I just needed to force you towards them and trap you :) You probably should have castled early on, too aggressive is right :)

• Advertisement

I have two boards games with skulls now. One for RobBurke and the other for Green Athene.

RobBurke is getting skulled tomorrow. I'll wait another bit for Green Athene.

Round 23

BossArky 0-1 Pherekydes

Thanks for the game. I think all my birthdays came at once in that game. :pac:

BroxiBearEire v Millso

Thanks for the game mate enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

henbane 0-1 Dave147 round 17

Well played and thanks for the game

henbane wrote: »
    henbane 0-1 Dave147 round 17

Well played and thanks for the game

Thanks alot, GG.

BossArky 1 Vs 0 Von Neumann [Round 1]

Good game. That one was going for a long time.. since the tourney began.

RobBurke has been AWOl pretty much since the league started but it's been a while since a possible replacement has stepped up but looking back I realised i missed this guy.
    buck65 wrote: »
    Hi guys would like to get involved in chess boards
    rating aprox 1400ish i think

if nobody has any problems I'll lash him in instead and any Rob Burke matches will be null. Don't think he finished any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

catch_22 1 nummnutts 0 (Round 18)

Thanks for the game Figs even though I got beat again :(

• Advertisement

0 B-K-DzR / millso - 1 BossArky

Round 22.

Good game.

if nobody has any problems I'll lash him in instead and any Rob Burke matches will be null. Don't think he finished any

I'm in a game against RobBurke in round 21.

If it's okay I can bin that game and challenge buck65 instead, or he/she can challenge me?

Yeah, I'll send him a PM over the weekend. I presume Burke still hasn't moved?

Yeah, I'll send him a PM over the weekend. I presume Burke still hasn't moved?

According to his list of games on Red Hot Pawn the last time RobBurke moved was 14th Aug. All of his games after that timed out.

Monkeyfudge looks like another candidate for replacement. He's played just one game.

Monkeyfudge looks like another candidate for replacement. He's played just one game.

I have a game with him too and he hasn't moved. His last move was 30th Aug and he lost that on a timeout.

So now I'm binning him too and need a challenger on Round 24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

0 B-K-DzR / millso - 1 BossArky
    Well played dude, you were all over me from the get go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

just to let you all know i've decided to drop out of the league, thought it was better to tell ya's rather than just not making anymore moves! thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Suder

Suder (daiz666) bt Henbane

Round 14

An unexpected resignation there Henbane? The pressure was on but I wasnt seeing an imminent victory at all?

Thanks for the game.

Just looked at the table there guys, cant believe im up there! I reckon its all about the correspondance, if you give it the time you usually realise that your first and possibly second and third choice of moves aint that great. I couldnt tell you a thing about openings or any chess jive at all! Loving the games though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭theboytaylor

Round 15

nummnutts 0 - 1 theboytaylor (seanob)

Good game, thanks.

BroxiBearEire v Green Athane

Enjoyed the game thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Suder

Im heading into Hospital tomorrow for a few days so if I cant get online to make moves please dont skull me!

Cheers

Sherifu 1-0 Green Athene Round 11

Pherekydes: next time you update the table I have 13 played, 11 won. Thanks.

Good luck Suder. :)

Sherifu wrote: »
    Pherekydes: next time you update the table I have 13 played, 11 won. Thanks.

Are you still counting this one:
    Catch_22 wrote: »
    can we get some clarification on the settings ive just lost one of my games with Sherifu (which i was winning ) because he set the game up with no timebank which is a bit bull**** tbh as i was an hour or two later than yesterday getting to it........

With it your score is 11/13.

Why wouldn't I count it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Looking for a game right now...

same usename on rhp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Suder wrote: »
    Suder (daiz666) bt Henbane

Round 14

An unexpected resignation there Henbane? The pressure was on but I wasnt seeing an imminent victory at all?

Thanks for the game.

Cheers for the game and well played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭von Neumann

BossArky 1 Vs 0 Von Neumann [Round 1]

Good game. That one was going for a long time.. since the tourney began.

I probably should have surrender two months ago, Got to be some sort of record :eek:.

Cheers for a good, if some what drawn out game :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Banjopaul 0 v 1 nummnutts

Was in the middle of this game when banjopaul resigned and quit the league. I thought I'd post up the outcome on the off-chance it counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Updates...

Rd 8 - Green Athene 0 1 Figs

Rd 16 - BroxiBearEire 0 1 Figs

Rd 19 - figs 0 1 Bubs101

Thanks to all for the games. A few more to go to finish out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

ZorbaTehZ 1 - 0 Xavi6
    ZorbaTehZ 0 - 1 DmanDmythDlegend

If TirEoghain doesn't move by the end of the week im claiming a win because its just taking up one of my slots at this stage tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement