Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flies around Sandyford

Options
  • 22-07-2008 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I've just left Stillorgan Luas and there's a decent sized swarm of unusual flies about. They're also in and around the Leopardstown racecourse area. Has an invasion begun? ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Holy crap, I noticed loads of flies at the Balally stop of the Luas, bigger than normal flies with large wings.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

You sure they weren't flying ants? They're everywhere today.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055340442

Got a few stuck in my hair earlier. Serves me right for wearing too much gel I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Phlann wrote: »
    You sure they weren't flying ants? They're everywhere today.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055340442

Got a few stuck in my hair earlier. Serves me right for wearing too much gel I suppose

Definitely flying ants. They were everywhere. Not just sandyford. I reckon it's the humidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

There was loads of them in Stillorgan this evening aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

BrynW wrote: »
    There was loads of them in Stillorgan this evening aswell!

+1 Stillorgan was infested with flying ants. Especially in our back garden... I ended up boiling loads of them to death.

//Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Aw & i had a "Your Ma" joke ready 'n all :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

the ba*tards were everywhere. I was on collins avenue yesterday and they were all over the place !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

And the phoenix park and surrounding areas. It's the time of the year when they swarm and disperse to start new colonies. Happens same time every year - I cycle to work so I notice these things (and you quickly learn to close your mouth while cycling unless you want a free protein packed dinner).

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Mmm.. Tasty :p

Advertisement