Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new bike! (Warning- Gear and Break Content)

Options
  • 22-07-2008 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

P7220026.jpg

Hey folks, just picked up my new bike from Joe Dalys and boy howdy am I pleased. It's a Trek 1.7, 105 all round and an Ultegra rear derailleur. Hopefully I'll be able to start making it to the spins and getting some serious miles under my belt!

Gotta say though.. it's very strange going from fixed gear to all this gears and brakes business. It's going to take some getting used to, figuring out what gearing to be using when and all that jazz. Can't wait to finally experience freewheeling back down a hill.

just realised my heinous spelling mistake in the title..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lilphich

Nice looking bike. I love the shape of the treks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Ah yeah tis lovely. I can't quite capture it on camera but the paintjob is really lovely. The black is a sort of metallic black, so its all sparkly in the light. Taking it out for my first spin on it tonight after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

looks cool, you probably attract much more women now than before ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

fish-head wrote: »
    P7220026.jpg

Hey folks, just picked up my new bike from Joe Dalys and boy howdy am I pleased. It's a Trek 1.7, 105 all round and an Ultegra rear derailleur. Hopefully I'll be able to start making it to the spins and getting some serious miles under my belt!

Gotta say though.. it's very strange going from fixed gear to all this gears and brakes business. It's going to take some getting used to, figuring out what gearing to be using when and all that jazz. Can't wait to finally experience freewheeling back down a hill.

Just don't try and cycle backwards on your road bike when stopped at lights. Doesn't work with a freewheel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

btw how much did it cost ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Nice looking bike. You should get out with us- looking like the next spins will be Thursday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

fixed -> freewheel ain't the problem (though it is wierd).

freewheel -> back to fixed requires a bit more thought. i suggest you attach a label to the handle bars of your fixie WARNING: any and all attempts at coasting will be punished immediately and severely. might safe you some skin :)

nice bike man, now you have no excuse to avoid the mountains :pac:. and freewheeling down at 80kph is a fúcking rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

P7220026.jpg

Lovely bike - big fan of the Trek bikes myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

sellout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

flickerx wrote: »
    sellout

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

sellout

"It's a disgrace I tell you..."

Well, I am about to take delivery of my new road bike (today or tomorrow) so add me to the sellout stable.

C'mon flickerx, you know once a fixie, always a fixie at heart:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

sellout

Don't make me come over there and strangle you with my gear and brake cables!

Still commute on my IRO everyday so I shan't lose touch.
    blorg wrote:
    Nice looking bike. You should get out with us- looking like the next spins will be Thursday and Saturday.

Yeah I'll try and make it to one soon, work late on Thursdays and work Saturdays though! We'll see, might be able to get out early on Thursday.

Advertisement