Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Filling out Grant Forms!

• 22-07-2008 7:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Hi Myth, back again..Need some help with the grant forms.

Im 25, havent lived at home since 2006, so I applying as a mature Independant candidate. Why oh why do I have to hassle my parents for their income details and all that, starting in section1 of the form? Surely it doesnt matter? Do I have to get their p21s etc as well as my own to send off? The form doesnt indicate otherwise.

I just assumed that I wouldnt have to bother them with the grant form as I am a mature Ind candidate..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Hi LadyPennyworth. I'm not 100% certain on this one either and am in a similar situation. Here's what it says on page 15 with regards to what documentation must be supplied.
    Documentation in respect of income:
    (Documentation is required in respect of the income of the person(s) on whom the means assessment must be carried out:
    - Income details of parent(s)/guardian(s) and of the student for dependent students;
    - Income details of parent(s)/guardian(s) and of student for dependent mature students;
    - Income details of student, and that of spouse/partner, if an independent mature student)

It still doesn't give a definitive answer to your question though. I've looked through a couple of pages of google results and can't find a definitive answer either. Hopefully, Myth can help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

oh mighty Myth! Thanks, Ill head into them today to clarify, as I said, it doesnt indicate otherwise. I kind of thought they would say 'fill out sections x,y, and z if you are an independant mature candidate' .Ill update:)

Hi guys,

Have been madly busy over the past few days (and unfortunately I don't do this as a living :)) so I haven't had time to research some of the questions. From the top of my head I can tell you that you were previously required to put down your parent's details even if you were applying as a mature candidate (based on what someone wrote in the MyGrant.ie forum sometime but a quick search didn't yield me a link to show you unfortunately) but I'm unsure how much you've to put down.

Sorry that I can't help more! If I've time later on I'll see if I can dig up something a bit more substantial.

Dónal / Myth

Thanks Donal, my my, a life outside Boards! Im going to speak to the co co in a bit so Ill see what they say. does seem a bit silly, I mean , i could be 50 going back as a mature student..

Right,was talking to the lady in the coco and she said to only put down my parents names and addresses(not their pps numbers or anything) and to only fill in my income,but to be sure to put n/a in the boxes where their details would go.

• Advertisement

Excellent, that's good to hear. Cheers for letting us know what happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Thanks for the info, LadyPennyworth. You've saved me a trip into town. :)

Advertisement