Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

signing work off

• 22-07-2008 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

do i have to have work signed off ie,footing ,damp etc.i will not be borrowing money for my new build. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In a word no.

Bear in mind though that should you choose to look for a mortgage before completion, mortgage the property at a later date or more importantly decide to sell in the future then you will need certificates of compliance with planning and building regulations.

For peace of mind it is strongly recommended that you engage someone with P.I cover to look after this for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Retain a professional to ensure you get what you will be paying for. Certification is very important as you can never say never.

Its worth peace of mind at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

and there are only between 3 and 7 stages that need certifying

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

also consdier that the conveyancing process is changing.

If you are left with a build that can only be certified afterwards in a non intrustive way, you may find it extremly hard to sell should this need ever arise... and you can never be sure whether this will arise or not.

You may have to drop the sale price of the build significantly lower than the actual value of the build because you didnt fork out 1500--2000 for certification during the build. Id do the math.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ddoc

thanks for the advices boys. great site

• Advertisement
Advertisement