Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays Cheapest Petrol Thread!

• 22-07-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

does excatly what it says on the tin! please post the cheapest petrol price you've seen each day, hopefully people will give as much info and us consumers can beat this recession!

Redbridge today 128.9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Does this mean I can lock that other thread?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Autoport on the Cork Road today 125.9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Statoil (the Cove) on the Dunmore Road is 128.9

It's a good alternative to Tesco at the moment for us eastsiders!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fricatus wrote: »
    Statoil (the Cove) on the Dunmore Road is 128.9

It's a good alternative to Tesco at the moment for us eastsiders!

or just goto the Autoport :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

These days you quickly reach a point where going out of your way by more than a few miles negates the savings. :(

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yummum

i heard if ya put the petrol in slowly it lasts longer, something to do with air bubbles...
    the amber garage always seems good value, in lisduggan

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I could have been seeing things but is Tesco 126.9 ? There was a crash there so I didnt spend much time looking

yummum wrote: »
    i heard if ya put the petrol in slowly it lasts longer, something to do with air bubbles...
    the amber garage always seems good value, in lisduggan

Good value? Its the same price as Statoil. Very expensive.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    I could have been seeing things but is Tesco 126.9 ? There was a crash there so I didnt spend much time looking

It is yeah, I passed out that way today also.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    It is yeah, I passed out that way today also.

Meanwhile, Statoil and most other stations didnt drop there prices.

Its the one thing I notice about Tesco - there prices always seem very fair. They wait as long as possible to rise prices and drop them soon after prices of petrol go down.

• Advertisement

Speaking of filling techniques, you get more fuel for your money in winter as its denser. Or the poster is...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Also, if you pay in conjunction with a clubcard in tesco you will get the equivalent of 1 percent back in tesco vouchers so it becomes very slightly cheaper than the autoport...Every little helps:D

Also, if you spend over €50 you get 5c of Petrol*

*I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah saving money is great and whatnot, but unless you do a massive amount of driving all you're saving is a couple of euro. if, for example, you put 70 litres a week into your car at 1.26 instead of 1.29 you save 2.10
    i like solero's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

longshanks wrote: »
    yeah saving money is great and whatnot, but unless you do a massive amount of driving all you're saving is a couple of euro. if, for example, you put 70 litres a week into your car at 1.26 instead of 1.29 you save 2.10
    i like solero's

sure keep your excess cash and buy a round at the boards beers !!:P:P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

longshanks wrote: »
    i like solero's

hmm, ok
    so using your logic you'd save 109.20e a year if it stayed around the same price, thats still money worth saving tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

I will take that 100 euro a year any time....

Also, if you spend over €50 you get 5c of Petrol*

*I think

That offer finished a couple of weeks back Sully.

That offer finished a couple of weeks back Sully.

You sure, I got a voucher two weeks back In Tesco

Lads forget about some poxy 5% off, just shop at Lidl/Aldi

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

robtri wrote: »
    I will take that 100 euro a year any time....

That'd be once a year then:pac:

Cabaal wrote: »
    You sure, I got a voucher two weeks back In Tesco

Yeah I am sure. We have gotten no voucher with our shopping for the last 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Tesco unleaded now 127.9c per litre.

Autoport now 123.9 unleaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Autoport now 123.9 unleaded.

Anyone know what time they close today?

benifa wrote: »
    Anyone know what time they close today?
    7pm as far as I know.

7pm as far as I know.

I wonder would they make enough business to open 24hrs? I rarely get petrol there as I mainly get it at night when there closed. At that rate, I can see a lot of taxis etc. heading there. The Statoil fuel card is no longer useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's not the idea that saving a few quid that really matters. I think the most important thing is that the petrol stations see that nobody will tolerate their high prices and will go to another station, even if it means only saving a few pence. It forces stations to become competitive, and cut prices to try match the next one.

Still, not everybody cares and some will pay a few extra pence out of convenience. Thank god I only drive in and out of work in my car.. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford it. You can't even go for a spin to get away for an hour or two from the city without worrying how much it's going to set you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

Is Autoport still the cheapest for petrol?? My little car is nearly in the red so need to fill up before she stops motoring on me :D

• Advertisement

Is Autoport still the cheapest for petrol?? My little car is nearly in the red so need to fill up before she stops motoring on me :D

Unleaded::

Autoport 123.9 .

Statoil is 128.9

Tesco is 127.9

Petrol Station at the park is (afaik) 126.9

Advertisement