Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays Cheapest Petrol Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Only change in price iv seen so far is Tesco Ardkeen going up to 121.9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

its both 1,19? in the amber station paddys browns road and the garage up in hilview ,,rest of the town its the 1,22 1,23 markish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Just thought I'd mention (as no-one else seems to have) that the Autoport filling station opposite WIT has reopened under the name 'Gulf' and the shop is also reopened and is run by Gala.

Diesel was 114.9 this morning, not sure on petrol.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gscully wrote: »
    Just thought I'd mention (as no-one else seems to have) that the Autoport filling station opposite WIT has reopened under the name 'Gulf' and the shop is also reopened and is run by Gala.

Diesel was 114.9 this morning, not sure on petrol.

Think its around 122.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Cabaal wrote: »
    Think its around 122.4

Checked it on my way home yesterday - 123.9

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jackdrel

diesel today at three rivers oil depot on cork road,, 114.9:D

just said id bump this thread as its been a while since it had any mentions and the way prices have kept going up lately:),,www.pumps.ie/ a handy site i found that compares petrol prices through out the country and county :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

The Autoport - cheap petrol but be wary of staff walking along the forecourt with lit cigarettes. :eek:

As of today:

Tesco Ardkeen: 142.9
    Maxol Cork Rd: 140.9
    Topaz Cork Rd: 140.9
    Autoport: 137.9

So I fuelled up at the Autoport. But here's what's weird.. My car was empty. I mean really empty, well below the red. Last time it was this empty it conked out on way to the petrol station.

I've a 08 petrol Corsa which has a 45 litre tank. So I was fuelling up and it stopped at 35 litres. Weird. So I wiggled it, let it drain a bit, shot it in a bit more, wiggled it and repeated, got to 36.2 litres but that was the most that'd go in - it was completely full to the brim.

How's that then?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Amber around same price as Autoport I think.

Tesco ballybeg 140.9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As of today:

Tesco Ardkeen: 142.9
    Maxol Cork Rd: 140.9
    Topaz Cork Rd: 140.9
    Autoport: 137.9

So I fuelled up at the Autoport. But here's what's weird.. My car was empty. I mean really empty, well below the red. Last time it was this empty it conked out on way to the petrol station.

I've a 08 petrol Corsa which has a 45 litre tank. So I was fuelling up and it stopped at 35 litres. Weird. So I wiggled it, let it drain a bit, shot it in a bit more, wiggled it and repeated, got to 36.2 litres but that was the most that'd go in - it was completely full to the brim.

How's that then?

I had the exact opposite thing happen in the same place with my old car, 01 Micra, It held 42 litres but I got 48 litres into it. Even asked for a receipt in the garage, bloke said it wasn't possible but offered to write me out 1.

Any way both TOP and Texaco in Ferrybank are 139.9 for petrol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Has anyone checked the price in the new Tesco Balybeg petrol station? They opened yesterday according to the radio ads.

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Has anyone checked the price in the new Tesco Balybeg petrol station? They opened yesterday according to the radio ads.

Apparently they bolt down the petrol in Tesco Ballybeg to stop it getting pinched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Fishy1 wrote: »

when i passed yesterday it was diesel 130.9 and petrol 140.9.

mailrewop wrote: »
    when i passed yesterday it was diesel 130.9 and petrol 140.9.

They rocketed the price to 143.9 and the Diesel also went up but I cant recall by how much. Price went up about two days ago.

Also I don't think that Tesco Ardkeen is opening until midnight anymore, iv passed by a few times around half 11 and its shut. There cheaper at 142.9 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Rumoured to go up to 150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

kensutz wrote: »

Yeah seen that in motors forum,sure its at 143 in some places now,so i wont be surprised when it hits the 150 and beyond.Crazy price to be paying for petrol, anybody know how much of that is actually tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 The Good Doctor

not sure how much is tax but 65% is the figure in my head for some reason - interestingly a buddy out in the UAE told me petrol costs the equivelant of €1.27 out there which kinda shocked me I must say

not sure how much is tax but 65% is the figure in my head for some reason - interestingly a buddy out in the UAE told me petrol costs the equivelant of €1.27 out there which kinda shocked me I must say

That's a bit of a shock alright, I thought petrol would be cheaper there seen as that's where it comes from.In saying that when i was in Thailand last year the price of a litre worked out at around 70 to 80cent,I'll be back there in a few weeks and i must have a look to see how much its gone up.

kensutz wrote: »

read online somewhere summer last year that it was 1.55 a liter on the continent,could have been holland or belgium but not sure,,its not right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

1.47 in Wexford today. Yikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I can only imagine the pains we'll go through when Oil actually raises in price. It's currently relatively cheap to what it has been in previous years but the government seem to have different ideas.

Its 144.9 in a lot of places tonight for petrol. Keeps on rising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Currently working in the UK and diesel is a whopping £1.40 per litre (€1.65) so be glad it's not so bad at home !
    interestingly a buddy out in the UAE told me petrol costs the equivelant of €1.27 out there which kinda shocked me I must say

Horlix, I was there before Christmas and it was £0.30 a litre. Watched a mate fill a Ford V8 petrol jeep for less than £20 from the fuel light to click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

148.9 all around Dublin today

Yeah most places around the town tonight are €1.44 next week id say it will be €1.50 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I got petrol in the place opposite the park and it was €140.9 tonight. It was €144.9 at the Cove,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

deisemum wrote: »
    I got petrol in the place opposite the park and it was €140.9 tonight. It was €144.9 at the Cove,
    139.9 at the Cleaboy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

hey all the redbridge service station out near grannagh is back open again and the petrol is 140.9 and the diesel is 133.9

• Advertisement

hey all the redbridge service station out near grannagh is back open again and the petrol is 140.9 and the diesel is 133.9

Sound for that,im out that way tomorrow so ill drop in.

Advertisement