Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays Cheapest Petrol Thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

redbridge petrol today 123.9, didnt catch the diesel sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Didn't twig the autoport, but the one down the road near the Yellow House pub was €121.9 for petrol.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Roen wrote: »
    Didn't twig the autoport, but the one down the road near the Yellow House pub was €121.9 for petrol.

That's Maxol and Topaz. Topaz seems to have the same price everywhere, and Maxol have never been that cheap. Have they dropped their price that much?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

This one used to be Shell or Esso, it's on the same side as Ballybeg.
    Was definitely 121.9 this morning though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Roen wrote: »
    This one used to be Shell or Esso, it's on the same side as Ballybeg.
    Was definitely 121.9 this morning though.

Shell then, now Topaz. Feck sake, its 124.9 down the other Topaz garage on Manor St. Iv a fuel card but I don't usually check how much it is, as its usually around 124sh but 121.9 would suit me down to the ground. Excellent :D

• Advertisement

Topaz Manor St. was 123.9 unleaded late last night (I passed it earlier on yesterday and could have sworn it was 124.9!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Autoport still the cheapest in town this morning, @ 120.9 petrol / 126.9 diesel.

Pitty Zoom Airlines didn't get their fuel from the Autoport. :P

Amber on Paddy Browns was 123.9 / 128.9 yesterday. Topaz was around the same (for petrol anyway) on both Cork Road and Manor St. Maxol was 125.9 for petrol not sure about disel (think it was 129.9).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Texaco Newrath 123.9/123.9
    Pitty Zoom Airlines didn't get their fuel from the Autoport

Eh, think they needed a bit more luck than that...unless they were owned by the Saudi Royals, they dident stand a chance.:( Long haul divided by low cost wont go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Autoport Cork Rd:

Petrol 117.9
    Diesel 122.9

• Advertisement

Topaz is 124.9 unleaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats a massive difference, 7 cent x 65 litres for a fill = nearly a 5iver!

Mike

Oh ya and the petrol station at the North Extension of the industrial estate is 123.9

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Texaco in Ferrybank in 119.9 for unleaded, Top across the road is 125.9 for unleaded, 6c in the difference and they are right opposite one another, Crazy or what.

At least the prices are finally dropping. Wonder what Topaz are at?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

It took a while for them to drop the prices..... Autoport for me tomorrow, the ole fuel light blinked at me for a bit long this evening.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

auto port is 117.9 for petrol as of yesterday :)

Topaz is 123.9 / 129.9 (not 100% sure on diesel price).

Maxol is 124.9 and I assume similar for Diesel.

Diesel is 7 cents per litre more everywhere. I just went to the autoport - there should be queues but there were 3 cars.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

Old Creamery is now 119

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Tesco is now 119.9 for unleaded and 124.9 for diesel

Id love to know why both Topaz and Maxol are ripping people off. The prices have finally climbed down, a good bit, and there is little move from the big retailers. Is it any wonder why people get peeved off - talk about petrol rising, the price quickly rises. When it actually drops, it doesnt drop at the pumps and we get all sorts of excuses thrown around as to why. Just bad luck?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully wrote: »
    Id love to know why both Topaz and Maxol are ripping people off.

In short...because people are lazy and are still paying them these prices :)
    so they know they can get away with it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

Cabaal wrote: »
    In short...because people are lazy and are still paying them these prices :)
    so they know they can get away with it,

Also it's convenience, the autoport is closed at 7pm or something like that, alot of people don't have time during the day to get petrol, so they go to the likes of Topaz at night.....

Topaz 119.9/126.9

Didnt last long.. changed this morning around half 9 - 121.9 / 126.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

The miserable dirty rotten swines.... I'll never buy juice from Topaz, the autoport still get my few bob.

Odd behaviour from Topaz lately.. The price of diesel was a cent cheaper on Manor then it was by the College over the last two days. Now they revised prices in both stations to 120.9 / 127.9. However, if you go to the Topaz up at Ardkeen the price is 119.9/126.9 (not 100% sure on Disel prices).

Interestingly, Maxol is 120.9 / 125.9 (and they are usually the more expensive station in Waterford).

Tesco is 118.9 for unleaded. Autoport is 117.9 / 122.9.

I see Topaz are bigging up thier new fancy fuel blend

http://www.topazenergy.ie/en/News/Good-news-for-motorists-as-Topaz-prepares-to-launch-more-efficient-petrol-and-diesel-products-/

Maybe they think its worth that little bit more

Mike

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    I see Topaz are bigging up thier new fancy fuel blend

http://www.topazenergy.ie/en/News/Good-news-for-motorists-as-Topaz-prepares-to-launch-more-efficient-petrol-and-diesel-products-/

Maybe they think its worth that little bit more

Mike

According to the Motors Forum, thats apparently a load of rubbish (the cleaner fuel thing). Also, doesnt Texaco do similar and usually dont rip people off by much price wise?

I honestly thought with the takeover that we would have a decent priced station. Guess not :/

Advertisement