Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays Cheapest Petrol Thread!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I should have included a knowing ;) in my post.

Mike

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    I should have included a knowing ;) in my post.

Mike

Its you Mike, its hard to tell when your serious or not :P *hides*

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Sully wrote: »
    According to the Motors Forum, thats apparently a load of rubbish (the cleaner fuel thing).

Well it's a load of rubbish for normal cars. If you have a high performance car, anything from an evo X to a porsche it does make a difference. However if you have been driving on normal fuel for a few months then you have to get the engine computer wiped so the car knows it can burn better fuel. Or so a racing person told me.

I always fill up at autoport. Not only is it cheaper but it's always better to give the cash to the small guys.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well it's a load of rubbish for normal cars. If you have a high performance car, anything from an evo X to a porsche it does make a difference. However if you have been driving on normal fuel for a few months then you have to get the engine computer wiped so the car knows it can burn better fuel. Or so a racing person told me.

Heard similar (tho not the engine wipe) before. They often say that about the different types of petrol stations sell. :s
    I always fill up at autoport. Not only is it cheaper but it's always better to give the cash to the small guys.

I cant for two reasons;
    1) I use a statoil card to pay for petrol, which is used in Shell/Statoil/Topaz stations. Cant use it anywhere else and I get petrol cheaper then advertised (Its not the one a lot of people use, iv a different deal)

2) Even if I was to pay cash now and again, its closed when I go to fill up :/

Anyway, back on topic, top petrol station out the cork road is 122.9 / 128.9.

Topaz changed on the Manor (not sure by the college, havent been out that way) again..

119.9 / 127.9

:S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

texaco on ferrybank dual carrigeway 119.9 last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Tesco Fingas is a disgrace, diesel 1.31 considering other Tesco outlets around the country are around 1.24.

Come on Tesco standardise your prices nationwide!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

maxol on ferrybank dual carrigeway 119.9 last night

No Maxol on dual carriageway, there is only a Texaco and a Top. The garage up at the belmount roundabout might be the one you are on about, is it.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    No Maxol on dual carriageway, there is only a Texaco and a Top. The garage up at the belmount roundabout might be the one you are on about, is it.

The maxol is on the right hand side as you pass through ferrybank heading towards Aldi / Waterford Port. Think its beside some sort of car carriage.

Only station to change afaik is Autoport now trading at 115 (there was no number to say if it was .9 or whatever, so iv left it out here) and 120.9.

• Advertisement

Gonna post this here also, even tho its in Tramore, simply due to its price.

The two garrages in Tramore are trading at 116.9 / 121.9 (Tramore Service Station) and 115.9 / 120.9 (Pickardstown Service Station) as of closing tonight. There both pretty much beside each other and run by the same person. Usually the most expensive, its now the cheapest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

grabbed a couple on way into work this morning....

TEXACO FerryBank - 119.9 and 125.9

Top Ferrybank - 125.9 and 135.9

Topaz, cork road beside Morris's DIY - 119.9 and 124.9

Maxol Cork Road - 120.9 and 126.9

Topaz cork road, WIT - 119.9 and 124.9

Autoport, cork road - 115.9 and 120.9

ALSO, Euro Fuels opp Erifab New Ross Road, he is only 114.0 ( sorry didn't get diesel)

Top Ferrybank, does anyone actually stop there?

Mike

Mike

Very very rare, sometimes you may see one or two cars in there probably only after getting here via Rosslare and heading beyond Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If anyone is heading towards Dungarvan, Garveys on the edge of the town is 113.9 for unleaded and 116.9 (IIRC) for diesel.

Mike
    at his prices, you would want to be seriously mad... or desperate... mind you there is a cute chick in there sometimes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

walshes nissan garage (think it is maxol) on belmont road is 114.9 for petrol today.:) (now the budget is out wont be for long!)

Expect 9c to be added to all of the above prices for unleaded from midnight tonight.

Expect 9c to be added to all of the above prices for unleaded from midnight tonight.

It would be 8c, but it shouldnt apply from tonight. It applies from the next purchase of fuel from the wholesaler. On that note, technically our fuel price is expected to drop down further on the next purchase but with the new tax its expected petrol prices will remain as they currently are (without the tax, petrol would be trading a lot cheaper). :)

Reading the Motors forum it seems half the country is filling up right now!

Mike

• Advertisement

didn't get a chance to get a few prices this morning, but I didn't notice any difference in prices that I did see up...
    EUROFUELs(opp eirfab) 114 still
    MAXOL ferrybank(beside nissan dealer) - still 119.9...

so not sure when we will see the price increase...

Sully wrote: »
    It would be 8c, but it shouldnt apply from tonight. It applies from the next purchase of fuel from the wholesaler. On that note, technically our fuel price is expected to drop down further on the next purchase but with the new tax its expected petrol prices will remain as they currently are (without the tax, petrol would be trading a lot cheaper). :)

9c was the reported figure on the news bulletins throughout yesterday evening and they were all reporting that it would come into effect on the forecourts from midnight tonight. I take your point about the price not changing until the next fuel refill by the garage, but that rarely happens. See in essence, the increase is on the duty charged by the government not and increase by the wholesalers. So the garages would actually be charged it from today regardless. The same system would apply with cigarettes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Still 1.199 this morning in the Topaz (old Statoil) on the Dunmore Road.

9c was the reported figure on the news bulletins throughout yesterday evening and they were all reporting that it would come into effect on the forecourts from midnight tonight. I take your point about the price not changing until the next fuel refill by the garage, but that rarely happens. See in essence, the increase is on the duty charged by the government not and increase by the wholesalers. So the garages would actually be charged it from today regardless. The same system would apply with cigarettes

From an explanation from a person running a petrol station, and others in the business, they say differently about the petrol rising so I don't know for sure not being in the business myself :S Have a gawk at this post from a chap on the Motors forum who runs a petrol station.

I thought the exact same as you until others told me they have to sell the petrol at the current rate, then when buying again they need to up the price but it cancels out anyway. Tis horribly confusing but so far petrol prices haven't risen since the midnight water shed :)

Petrol is 8c. :)
    EXCISES

Increase in Mineral Oil Tax on Petrol

The mineral oil tax on petrol will be increased by 8 cent per litre (including VAT) with effect from midnight on 14 October 2008.

This measure is estimated to yield €22 million in 2008, and €166 million in 2009.
    Source

Yeah, thats good to hear Sully, I had a read of that post and hopefully it turns out to be the case.

Here is the Post which sully refers to by the way lads,
    Ok calm down

8c is obviously a ****ing joke but its going to be offset by the Wednesday night decreases which will be in the region of 5c to 8c so in effect there should not be any increases at all, we will just lose the 112.9 price point that would have hit this weekend.

There is no need to panic buy today, sites SHOULD NOT put their price up at midnight, if they do they are scumbags who are robbing you, all fuel delivered to sites today is at the old price and should be sold out at the current price without any increases, so if you see a garage with a 8c incease in the morning I would suggest never going back to them again, its the only way to sort these idiots out as they are giving the fuel retailers such a bad name.

For example I am currently at 119.9 unl, I have enough fuel to last until Thursday morning at this price as I bought it before the budget increase, so I am gettign a full delivery at 5am thursday morning which will be coming to me with the Wed night wholesale reductions applied, so therefore on thursday I can still sell it for the 119.9 as the 7c or so price reduction will in effect cancel out the budget increase.

So don't be panicing, and don't buy at an inflated price between now and Friday.

Hope this helps.

Ill be heading into town later and will double check prices, I know reports are out up the country some have risen their prices not sure if its going to happen down here (since we have more franchises rather then private retailers). Its funny, people have been calling for less tax on petrol and our wonderful government add 8c :p

Well the price increase has started

Tesco 126.9 unleaded

Walsh's in Ferrybank is still 114.9

Topaz 127.9 / 124.9
    Autoport 115.9 (The Diesel price wasnt completed, it was showing as 1X0.9 (where X, was blank. Unchanged)
    Maxol 120.9 / 126.9 (unchanged)

The Tramore stations also raised their price back to the usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

8pm Tonight: Texaco Ballybricken Unleaded 119.4
    Texaco Newrath Unleaded 118.9

Where are Tesco going with their 126.9?:D

• Advertisement

My prices were changed over night (they were yesterday).

Topaz:: 128.9 / 126.9
    Maxol:: 123.9 / 124.9

Advertisement