Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Todays Cheapest Petrol Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    101.9? Wow. May head there today.

I think so, I could be wrong. It was 109.9 earlier in the week but I thought I saw the price drop further

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

As of this afternoon..

Topaz:: 111.9 / 112.9
    Maxol:: 117.9 (for both)

Tramore has also reduced their prices, but I didnt record it. Cheaper then above IIRC.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

autoport was 109.9 today when i passed

Autoports price were correct as of 11am this morning - I wasnt out that way tonight to double check. My above prices on Maxol and Topaz are correct.

Topaz:: 111.9 / 112.9
    Maxol:: 117.9 (for both)
    Park service station:: 111.9 (for both)
    Autoport:: 108.9 (for both - as of 10am anyway)
    Tesco:: 109.9 (for both)

The old Esso in Tramore has a similar price for Petrol then Autoport/Tesco (not 100% sure what, but its around the same). No change in Diesel or the price of petrol in the old Maxol station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

the old creamery slieverue yesterday 110 for unleaded, there is a huge difference in petrol station prices these days. and still an older friend of mine said she only goes to the one station and has done for years:rolleyes: competion woman!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

couple of new ones this morning all.... prices still going the right way...

Euro fuels( opp Eirfab) 106 petrol and 108 diesel

Maxol ferrybank 109.9 112.9

Texaco ferrybank 109.9 111.9

Top Ferrybank ..... oh whats the point its a rip off...

Texaco Hypermarket 110.9 112.9

Discount Fuel(back of ida estate) 109.8 for both

haven't got autoport today.... maybe later..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Garvey's Dungarvan: 107.9 c
    Tesco Ardkeen: 109.9 c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

105.9 Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wow its like the olde days. ;)

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

fricatus wrote: »
    Garvey's Dungarvan: 107.9 c

Now 104.9

• Advertisement

Lots of stations got petrol over the last few days so expect prices to fall. Iv spotted some Topaz stations drop prices and the Autport but didnt take notes on prices.

Tesco:: 10t5.9
    Autoport:: 104.9/105.9
    Topaz:: 109.9
    Park:: 108.9
    Maxol:: 111.9/112.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

who gives a damn Topaz own and supply them ll aka Shell same company and anyways its all marketing the price of oil will double again very shortly its just all very nice timing from oil companies to induce public confidence in oil industry once again its rubbish the price per lite should be only 50 euro cent per lite the price per barrel of oil has gone to 47 us dollars per barrell

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Has any garage gone below the 99.9c in Waterford yet. Texaco in ferrybank is currently at 102.9. Have not been out by Tesco or the autoport since Thursday. Tesco was 105.9 on Thursday. I think they may have dropped to 99.9 since but cant confirm this.

Edit: According to Pumps.ie both Tesco and the Autoport are indeed 99.9 for unleaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That sir was a foolish rant.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Eurofuels in Slieverue is €1 for petrol

ECOLOGICAL wrote: »
    who gives a damn Topaz own and supply them ll aka Shell same company and anyways its all marketing the price of oil will double again very shortly its just all very nice timing from oil companies to induce public confidence in oil industry once again its rubbish the price per lite should be only 50 euro cent per lite the price per barrel of oil has gone to 47 us dollars per barrell

Statoil and Shell are still separate companies - Topaz both the franchise in Ireland. Not sure who delivers to Tesco these days but Autoport and other private stations do not buy petrol from Topaz or Shell. The oil companies can not control the price of crude oil they can only control the price you pay at the pumps which indeed seems very high but we have a government sitting on their hands and not caring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

50c per litre? I'm afraid you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Taxes make up around 60c of the cost of a litre of petrol. Refinery and distribution costs make up around another 20c. Profit is only around a cent or two.

I heard someone from pumps.ie on the radio recently saying that if the barrel of oil was free, the litre of petrol would still be between 80 and 85 cents on the forecourts here. Do you think it magically refines itself and transports itself into the pumps by osmosis or something?

Some people are never satisfied. The price has come down to around one euro from 1.25-1.35 and looks as if it will fall further. This is despite 8c being put on it in the last budget. Is it not now time to be happy for small mercies and stop always giving out for the sake of giving out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Garvey's Dungarvan: 99.9 c

fricatus wrote: »
    50c per litre? I'm afraid you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Taxes make up around 60c of the cost of a litre of petrol. Refinery and distribution costs make up around another 20c. Profit is only around a cent or two.

I heard someone from pumps.ie on the radio recently saying that if the barrel of oil was free, the litre of petrol would still be between 80 and 85 cents on the forecourts here. Do you think it magically refines itself and transports itself into the pumps by osmosis or something?

Some people are never satisfied. The price has come down to around one euro from 1.25-1.35 and looks as if it will fall further. This is despite 8c being put on it in the last budget. Is it not now time to be happy for small mercies and stop always giving out for the sake of giving out?

While I agree with you for most - we are still being over priced by a lot of retailers out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The price of diesel is very slow to drop, I wonder are the garages keeping the price to reduce the price of petrol to get the punters in?

i tell you what amazes me is the rapid response and utter defence of Topaz anytime I raise this on boards.ie makes me wonder who would bother defend oil industry theyre fleecing us every month .I'm spending 2400 euro a year on petrol for what about 12000 miles on my car a year 250 miles a week which works out at 35 miles a day on average either prices come down further or people won't be bothered with cars and just take bus or train.And if its all down to tax been heaped causing rise in petrol and diesel how is it price is same in european countries are they all doing the same.Topaz aka Shell aka i still believe they are main contributors to price in Ireland and other countries different names same oil they can fool some of the people some of the time but some day we will all wake up and see what complete fools we are for paying these ridiculous prices in petrol pumps and the big oil companies are sitting back in the lovely teak office desks laughing at us all.

i tell you what amazes me is the rapid response and utter defence of Topaz anytime I raise this on boards.ie makes me wonder who would bother defend oil industry theyre fleecing us every month .I'm spending 2400 euro a year on petrol for what about 12000 miles on my car a year 250 miles a week which works out at 35 miles a day on average either prices come down further or people won't be bothered with cars and just take bus or train.

They do? Iv seen all petrol stations being given some abuse for ripping people off on Boards and only a small % defending. Not much on Topaz, which btw is Irish owned. It purchased Statoil Ireland and Shell Ireland - both Statoil and Shell run away in other country's as per normal without any influence by Topaz.
    And if its all down to tax been heaped causing rise in petrol and diesel how is it price is same in european countries are they all doing the same.

Afaik we add higher tax onto Petrol then any other EU Country. Other factors come into play in terms of petrol prices though. Still expensive and over priced probably but not going to be as cheap as you make out..
    Topaz aka Shell aka i still believe they are main contributors to price in Ireland and other countries different names same oil they can fool some of the people some of the time but some day we will all wake up and see what complete fools we are for paying these ridiculous prices in petrol pumps and the big oil companies are sitting back in the lovely teak office desks laughing at us all.

Same oil.. yes. There is no such thing as "Topaz oil" or "Esso Oil". Even "Autoport Oil". Its all the same at the end of the day, bar minor tweaks which are debatable to say the least.

Same company.. its not exactly hidden. Its public knowledge and on their company websites that Topaz bought out Shell Ireland and Statoil Ireland. They told everyone, press and all. As I said, these two company's operate with no influence by Topaz elsewhere and Topaz is only in Ireland. So, eh, no I doubt Topaz are the rulers of the petrol industry in the world laughing at the idiots thinking Esso, Statoil, Shell, Autoport, Park Service Station etc. are different company's all together. Idiots!

fair play to ya great to see traditions don't break too easily here on boards.ie

fair play to ya great to see traditions don't break too easily here on boards.ie

Ya I guess it must be a pain when you are proven wrong. Sure, dont you know Boards is owned by Topaz? All one big conspiracy ;)

Anyway, gone to far off topic. This is an issue for the Motoring forum rather then our forum here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

well heres some latested prices in....(sorry on petrol today)

EuroFuels opp Eirfab - €1
    Maxol Ferrybank - €1.029
    Texaco Ferrybank - €1.029
    Texaco ferry bank - €1.029
    Top Ferrybank - €1.069
    Topaz Cork Road(both) - €102.9
    Maxol Cork road - €107.9
    Autoport - €0.999
    Texaco cork Road - €106.9

PS TAX on petrol is at €0.52 a litre....
    then theres VAT on top of that......

whatever ! puppets !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Roanmore wrote: »
    The price of diesel is very slow to drop, I wonder are the garages keeping the price to reduce the price of petrol to get the punters in?
    Seems there is a shortage of refined diesel - hence the higher price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

scout353 wrote: »
    Seems there is a shortage of refined diesel - hence the higher price!

Just as I speak, some garages in Dungarvan have them at parity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭vinny63

tesce ardkeen 89 cent a litre if you spend over €100 on shopping.coot me €45 to fill opel vectra

Advertisement