Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Limerick...need a lil help!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

Larr wrote: »
    Welcome to the area...I too live in Caherdavin. You seem to be sorted with all the important stuff ....schools, work, transport.

Now for the REALLY important stuff... Food! The chinese across the road The Woking is excellent. They don't deliver, but they do take orders over the phone and it's only a 5 minute walk 061 321100. If you're on your own with the kids and can't get out there's also a Woking in town that deliver 061 312444. For Pizza, Fish & Chips and all that there's a new restaurant that delivers on the Old Cratloe Road called Cafe Italia...it's great and you can get that on 061 458689. They also do kids parties there. They're really nice and the food is gorgeous.

Hope you settle in well and Welcome again

larr

Yes the food is excellent but I've lost count on the amount of times we've collected the order to come home and find one dish missing, yes they are very apologetic when you ring and they will discount at the the next order and even usually throw in something extra but fat lot of good that is when your sitting down to a meal with one dish missing, we've switched to the Shamrock in near O'Mara Motors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Shan75

supermommy wrote: »
    Any idea of how much a taxi would cost from Caherdavin to Dell? Or even just the city centre to Dell?
    He cant take the bus anyways it looks like as they have him coming in to interview at 8am and the it looks like the earliest bus from Caherdavin doesnt leave til 730...
    He might just need to reschedule his interview...
    What a pain in the tits..

Thanks for all the useful info! :)

Taxi from the City Centre would cost between 10-12 Euro so I guess about 15or so from Caherdavin.If he can get into the City Centre there are buses every 10 minutes from 7am which go into the Industrial Estate.The 07:10 and 07:20 are best as they don't go through Greenfields.The bus stops at Banta which is close to Dell and less than 10 minutes walk.They will also stop outside the FAS centre if you ask which is pretty much around the corner from Dell.

Of course he could just get the Dell Bus which picks up across from Ivans just after the traffic lights heading towards Thomond Park.There would be two buses in the morning.One at 06:40 and another at 07:00.Both times are approximate and sometimes they could be a little earlier.The drivers usually don't bother asking to see an I.D Badge and even if they do you can say you forgot it and just let on that it's not your first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

He has decided to get a taxi just to make sure he is on time for his interview. Better safe than sorry I reckon!
    I scored 2 coupons to Eddie Rockets today!! Score!!
    Ah the simple pleasures in life :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

hi supermommy welcome to the city..i thought id pitch in and do my bit to familierise yourself with the place so heres a link to some info about caherdavin, if you've not already seen it! enjoy:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caherdavin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wina1

Just stumbled across this thread - Supermommy have you got an update - are you still in Limerick and did you all get work and did the kids get a school?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wina1 wrote: »
    Just stumbled across this thread - Supermommy have you got an update - are you still in Limerick and did you all get work and did the kids get a school?

Mod note: This thread is over 3 years old. It didn't need to be bumped again.

If you're that curious about the OP's private life, send her a private message.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement