Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good MTB tracks in Dublin?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Does anyone know of decent Mountain Bike Tracks in Dublin (preferably southside). Newbie to all this:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Get onto the MAD dudes, www.madmtb.com

They are a nice crowd who frequent boards.ie and take beginners out on spins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Verb wrote: »
    They are a nice crowd

Lies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Pokerbike

ty but do u no any of the top of your head:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

yes, yes I do.

now take the good advice and join up with MAD. Its the best way to learn the trails

Pokerbike wrote: »
    Does anyone know of decent Mountain Bike Tracks in Dublin (preferably southside). Newbie to all this:D
    dont want to join a club:pac:

• Advertisement

anyone help looking for good forest trail or even park trail:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

Not in dublin but it's a stones throw away in Wicklow .

http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/index.php?id=53&rec_site=103&no_cache=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

My brother-in-law entered a competition in Tymon Park in Tallaght a few weeks ago. He hadn't done any off road before but saw the comp advertised and just went along to it.

I'm not sure if they're permanent trails or it was just something setup for the day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Just for the day. How did he get on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Not a mountain biker (yet!) but I believe that a lot goes on around Three Rock. Going along to the MAD guys is a very good idea though, I know a couple of them who dabble in the dark side (road bikes) and them seem very affable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

to be honest mtb requires help form others to find trails etc! its not as simple as drawing a red line on a map!

as for starting trails you might wat to check out the much (overhyped) Ballinastoe trail centre in Wicklow (google it!), easyish but you wont need anyone to show you around!

most mtb clubs advise do not to cycle offraod alone unless a very experienced rider! accidents happen in the oddest and unexpected places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Verb wrote: »
    Just for the day. How did he get on ?
    I'm not sure what his placing was but he was very happy with his performance in comparison to others. He'd have a huge level of fitness though - cycling for 50 minutes each way to/from the gym where he'd do a couple of hour workout several times a week!

From what I recall, he was in the kind of beginners group and had two laps of about 25 mins each. I'm not 100% sure on that timing though. He punctured early on but was able to keep going because the mud was so deep, but did go over the handlebars a few times. I must check with him, he reckons the photographer on teh course got one of him upsidedown in mid air!

It sounded like massive fun anyway.

Advertisement