Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post sorting office locations ?

Options
  • 22-07-2008 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to find out where my local An Post sorting office is so that I can pick up a parcel that I missed (I got one of those slips through the door from the postman). The slip doesn't say where it is or give me any contact details for it.

I can't find a list of them on the An Post website, am I blind?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

is it on the back ??

Or try ringing their head office..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The sorting office isn't detailed on the slip, no. By head office do you mean the GPO or just a random post office?

The slip suggests I can have it redelivered to a neighbor by filling the form in and sending it to them freepost. There's no address on it and this is what I really need. Also does anyone know if a "neighbor" can be any address I fill in on the card?

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Where are you first of all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

There would usually be a list of all the sorting offices on the back, if from An Post. Usually teh post man would check one of those, but on occasion can forget. Is there a tracking number or anything, as if so, check the status using that, as that would tell you. Doesn't sound like it has based on what you say. Where are you located? I live in POrtmarnock and my SO is in Baldoyle.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

random wrote: »
    I'm trying to find out where my local An Post sorting office is so that I can pick up a parcel that I missed (I got one of those slips through the door from the postman). The slip doesn't say where it is or give me any contact details for it.

I can't find a list of them on the An Post website, am I blind?

Thanks

My local Sorting Office is in the old school in Ballinlough...then again I believe that Herr Einsteins local office is not Ballinlough..........

We got a parcel delivered this morning at 8.00 ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

you should probably check in your local post office as this is where parcels are usually held for 3 days after a failed delivery.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    you should probably check in your local post office as this is where parcels are usually held for 3 days after a failed delivery.

Did you read the OPs post ? - he's looking to see how he can find out his local post office..............

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ring 01 7057600 Mon - Fri 9am - 5.30pm, tell them your address and they will tell you where your sorting office is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

parsi wrote: »
    Did you read the OPs post ? - he's looking to see how he can find out his local post office..............
    i read sorting office unless my eye were decieving me

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i read sorting office unless my eye were decieving me

So why suggest he goes to his local post office "as this is where parcels are usually held for 3 days " ?

They don't hold undelivered parcels - they only hold parcels posted by their punters until they are collected by An Post....

@Davton - good pointer for when the docket is unclear.

• Advertisement

davton wrote: »
    Ring 01 7057600 Mon - Fri 9am - 5.30pm, tell them your address and they will tell you where your sorting office is.
    Will give this number a ring in the morning - what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

If its a chinese takeaway the crispy duck is good ! ;) j/k

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

its customer service just not a crappy 1890....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Having lived in a few different places (in Dublin) over the years, I have noticed that 2 different types of "we have something for you to collect" note exists. One is an official looking green and yellow A5 note with clear instructions, the other is a white A4 photocopy with out of date postal rates along the side and not much else.

Your local post office (as opposed to the sorting office) can sometimes hold parcels so it would be worth a call to them and at the very least, they'd be able to tell you where your local sorting office is.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭lynchie

parsi wrote: »
    So why suggest he goes to his local post office "as this is where parcels are usually held for 3 days " ?

They don't hold undelivered parcels - they only hold parcels posted by their punters until they are collected by An Post....

Not true.. Most non urban centres will keep parcels in the local post office for possible collection for several days before being returned to the sorting office again. I've collected several parcels from my local post office as i'd be in work when the post man attempted delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

what lynchie says is true, the local POs do hold the undeliverables for 3-5 days , so get in touch with them and even if they dont hold them there they will be able to sort you out.

Thanks for the advice lads .. of course I didn't ring that CS number til after half 5 and they were closed, but 11850 and requesting "An Post Sorting Office, My Location" gave me the number and location! I don't give that service enough credit sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

We have had packages go to two different sorting offices from the same address in Ballinteer, to both the Edmonstown and Sandyford ones.

Advertisement