Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rules of the road

Options
  • 22-07-2008 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Have the test soon and Im wondering about this rules of the road book. Are there specific parts I should focus on that are more likely to be questioned? And are there parts that I can leave out? The book is about twice the size it was when I last did the test so don't want to wasted time learning stuff that wont be asked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Pub07 wrote: »
    don't want to wasted time learning stuff that wont be asked.
    How is it a waste of time? Just because you may not be asked, doesn't mean you shouldn't learn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

You'll find most of the information will come in use eventually! The answers are in there, but none of the questions are. If you're getting driving lessons ask you instructor for a list of questions you're likely to be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭galwaygirl08

Its very important to know all of your road signs. I just had my test there. I was asked 11 of the signs and 5 random questions.

Signs:
    Pedestrianized street
    No U-Turn
    No overtaking
    Straight ahead
    Series of dangerous bends ahead
    Two-way Traffic
    Crossroads
    Slippery road ahead
    Roadworks ahead
    Cul-de-sac
    End of motorway

The questions i was asked were:

1. What does a continuous white line along the centre of the road mean?
    Answer: All traffic must keep to the left of the line-i.e no overtaking.

2. When would you dip your lights at night time?
    Answer: When stopped in traffic, when meeting other traffic, on continuously lit roads outside built up areas, in built up areas where there is good street lighting, in dense fog, falling snow or heavy rain.

3. Who has right of way at a roundabout?
    Answer: The traffic already on the roundabout aswell as the traffic to your right.

4. How would you recognize a pelican crossing at night time?
    Answer: Flashing Amber Light.

5. When may you overtake on the left?
    Answer: When u have indicated to do so, when traffic in front of you is turning right, and when you are on a two lane road where traffic is slow, with the traffic on the right lane moving slower.

HOPE THESE ARE OF SOME HELP :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement