Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arshavin bid accepted?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I cant read Russian but please god it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

I used an online translation website and the article doesn't say a bid was accepted, it says no offer has been made but tottenham are in talks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Woodgate wrote: »
    I used an online translation website and the article doesn't say a bid was accepted, it says no offer has been made but tottenham are in talks.

appartently on Russian tv as well. we'll just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

spus odyessy are reporting that a bid has been accepted, but that the player has yet to agree any terms

Comolli watching Arshavin play for Zenit tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I hope he doesn't turn out to be a Didier Six.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't turn out to be a Didier Six.

Or a Sergei Rebrov :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

yiddo wrote: »
    Comolli watching Arshavin play for Zenit tonight.

Bit of a wasted journey - he was withdrawn from squad for the game!!

I like him similar to Keane - but with pace. Love to have the 2 Russians up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Sligo Spur

galinka wrote: »
    Bit of a wasted journey - he was withdrawn from squad for the game!!

I like him similar to Keane - but with pace. Love to have the 2 Russians up front.

Wonder why he was withdrawn??????????????????????????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

You beat me to it.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

LOL remember that Carling Cup game against west ham i think we won 3-2 he played an absoloute blinder and I thought he was gonna be huge at last, if my memory serves me rights Gary Doherty played some stuff 2. God we've really come a long way since then TBF

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

any updates on this....it seems that things have gone quiet on this. Im hoping we can get this guy...an ample replacement for keane....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

theduffer wrote: »
    any updates on this....it seems that things have gone quiet on this. Im hoping we can get this guy...an ample replacement for keane....

We won't or cant move for any striker while we still have Keane and Berb's - and we still have both..for now:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Nice pair of tits in the top-left corner of that link :)

Does anyone not think that 110k is insane money(in football terms) to pay this chap? surely we would be better paying someone likr Eto 170k cause i think he would go to the highest bidder.

If i'm wrong and he turns out to be good signing i will admit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

ziedth wrote: »
    Does anyone not think that 110k is insane money(in football terms) to pay this chap? surely we would be better paying someone likr Eto 170k cause i think he would go to the highest bidder.

If i'm wrong and he turns out to be good signing i will admit it.

Not sure where you heard this ridiculous figure, but it is irrelevant, we don't pay those kind of wages - one of the reasons Keane left! He will go from about 60k to 80 at pool - so why the hell would we pay ArseShavin 110k, ain't gonna happen:eek:

John W wrote: »
    Not sure where you heard this ridiculous figure, but it is irrelevant, we don't pay those kind of wages - one of the reasons Keane left! He will go from about 60k to 80 at pool - so why the hell would we pay ArseShavin 110k, ain't gonna happen:eek:

His agent def said it i pretty sure i read it on sky sports website

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

ziedth wrote: »
    His agent def said it i pretty sure i read it on sky sports website

Actually he is very highly paid - maybe that explains why nobody else is rushing ?

Far better choice than Eto - great pace would work well with our only other striker Bent!!

Advertisement